Old Paradigm studio v2 setup plus a sub or new equivalent $1800 range with sub later. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-10-2013, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My goal is to assemble a solid HT setup. I have an option to buy Paradigm Studio 60 v2, studio cc v2, and adp v2 for $750. I know other members have this setup, but what would you do? Would you go newer if upper end of the budget was $1800 for front and center? Or older and leave room for a sub?

My living room is 18 x 30 and my existing equipment includes denon avr-1908 and definitive technology procinema 600.

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Jeremy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-11-2013, 04:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by scjb007 View Post

My goal is to assemble a solid HT setup. I have an option to buy Paradigm Studio 60 v2, studio cc v2, and adp v2 for $750. I know other members have this setup, but what would you do? Would you go newer if upper end of the budget was $1800 for front and center? Or older and leave room for a sub?

My living room is 18 x 30 and my existing equipment includes denon avr-1908 and definitive technology procinema 600.

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Jeremy

I would definitely go for the Paradigms and then buy a nice sub. With upwards of $1000, you have a lot of options and can get a great sub that will be a night and day improvement from your current system. Speakers last a long time when taken care of, so you shouldn't be all that concerned buying used.

Take a look at Rythmik, SVS, HSU, and Outlaw for subs. You have a big space, so you are going to need to invest a lot to get appropriate bass in that room. I would probably consider a pair of ported subs, a pair of SVS PB-1000 would be a good addition to the Paradigms.

Living Room
Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon DBP-1611 | Roku 3
Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12

Computer
Topping TP23 | NHT SuperZero 2.0 | Velodyne DEQ-8R
post #3 of 3 Old 09-11-2013, 04:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by scjb007 View Post

The Procinema system's weak spot is probably the dual 8" subwoofer although the 3" midranges in the statelites have their problems, too.

The Paradigm upgrade would be substantial, new sub or not. The Procinema sub is not all that impressive, but you should at least try it with the new speakers, Even though its 2 each 8" woofers are only 1" larger than the one in the Studio 60.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm Studio 60 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page