In Ceiling/Odd setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-15-2013, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a dedicated HT in the basement but wanted to add 5.0 (eventually a sub have to work the wife over slowly) to the upstairs.

I purchased a set of eas-6c speakers to do this but now I think I will return all but the surround ones. They do not have tiltable tweeters and my carpet will eventually be replaced with hardwood.

The living room is a very odd space. I have 36" wide x 7" tall directly under my TV that I could place a center speaker but not L/R or I could go with something like an Energy CB-5 L/R speaker and a CC-5 center speaker almost touching each other essentially and not really being a L/R front stage. The rear surround will have to be in ceiling because of room layout so I figured I could keep the eas-6c speakers which is why I am trying to stay in the Energy brand since I got them for such a good price.

One thing I could do which seems like a bad idea is use the EAS-6C speakers for the front L/R and then get a center under the TV but with non tiltable tweeters that may just sound odd since the left/right sound will be coming from the ceiling. I could also maybe get some other types of L/R in ceiling speakers such as Klipsch CDT series and a center...

Does anyone have any suggestions. I can't do towers or bookshelves on the front stage so its either all under the TV where a center speaker would be or in ceiling with a center speaker.... The only other thing is I could get 2 "center" speakers and set them as L/R under the TV and disable the center speaker in my AVR and let it emulate the center through the L/R speaker since they will be so close.

For reference what I have now is EAS-6C speakers (5) at a very very good price which makes them hard to give up
Denon AVR 1913
46" Plasma
36" x 7" stand for a center speaker 18" off the ground or ceiling mount or a combination which sounds like a horrible idea. This is more for a living room setup where some movies will be watch and TV/music/entertainment for guests vs the basement which is used for most movies since this is definitely a compromise of a system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-16-2013, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Any suggestions?
post #3 of 3 Old 09-21-2013, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter