Does Klipsch RF-7 meet or exceed THX specs? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-17-2013, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does Klipsch RF-7 meet or exceed THX specs? Please excuse my ignorance. I have a Klipsch RF series 9.1 set up that I was powering with a Pioneer VSX-33. I noticed that my AV receiver is THX Select 2 Plus certified and wanted to know if the speakers that I have meet or exceed the specs for THX. I have tried to research this but cannot find info for the specs needed to meet the certification standard. Below I will list my equipment. Thank you for any informative info you can provide.

RD-7 ll Home Theater System

(2) RF-7 II Floorstanding Speaker Black
(1) RC-64 II Center Speaker Black
(2) RS-62 II Surround Speaker
(1) SW-115 Subwoofer
(4) CDT-5800-C II In-Ceiling Speaker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-18-2013, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 296
There is an actual criteria that speakers must meet to be THX certified and of course the mfg must pay a fee and submit the speaker to do so...Klipsch has speakers that are THX certified but that doesn't mean they are better speakers than your setup, it just means they fit the parameters set.

One of the things that would keep the RF-7II from being certified is that they have impedance dips in a few frequencies that go lower than the THX standards (3.2 Ohms). That means you want to have a power supply to deliver enough current at the volume you want to listen and when doing so they should be every bit as good if not better than the THX ultra II speakers and considerably better than the THX select speakers made by Klipsch, imo.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-18-2013, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the info!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf7black Classic Tower Speaker Black , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker Cherry B Stock , Klipsch Rf7ii Reference Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker Black B Stock , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Pair Cherry , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page