Dali Fazon F5 or B&W CM8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-18-2013, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello people,
I a newbie in the Audiophile world and have recently accquired an Arcam A 38 amp, its rated at 105 watts per channel. Now my current setup has Jamo c 605s as the main floorstanders which were being powered by marantz SR 5006 till recently. After the addition of this new amp the SQ and sound stage have improved significantly but not to the level that I experienced at the store. I know this might be b'coz my listening room is not ideal (its a 12 X 20 ft room with windows directly opposite to the speakers and openings on the two side walls) I have placed the speakers at 20" from the back and 11/2 ft from side walls. this as I was told is a decent setup, so now I'm forced to think that my speakers are not of the same pedigree as the amp.At the store I auditioned it on the Dali ikon 7 MKII and Mentor 6, both were excellent but then I saw the Fazon F5 what a beauty!! its not just a pretty face buts packs the performance to match the exterior. Big sound and all of the Character of the mentor but in a more compact form.
This is where the dilemma kicks in I want something compact and have heard pretty good things about the CM 8 from B&W (which incidentally is a true three way with a dedicated bass driver) and both my choices are almost in the same price bracket give and take a few thousand. I need the suggestions of all you experienced people to help me decide on which ones to get
1. Dali Fazon F5
2. B&W CM8
This would be my setup for both music and movies in the ratio 70: 30 respectively. My musical taste varies from classical to hiphop, rock to bollywood (I'm from India)
Personal audition though always recommended is very difficult as the dealers here donot stock B&W and are brought on order

Thanks to all for helping me start...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-24-2013, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Come on guys I really need your help here!!

B&W is a true three way with a dedicated Bass driver whereas Fazon F5 is more of a 2 and a half way, how mush of a difference would that make!! Please all you learned folks throw some light ..
post #3 of 5 Old 09-24-2013, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 45
There is nobody that can decide what speaker you will like for you. Construction or the amount of drivers have no bearing on how that speaker sounds.

Find a B&W dealer with a speaker that's as close to the CM8 as you can and only you can decide what you like more.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-24-2013, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ifor, I understand the fact that nothing can replace a personal audition, Howevere its not a possibility and I don't know which other speaker is like the B&W CM8, the 683s as the dealer told me have a different character.... I loved the fazon sound and wanted to understand how different the B&W would be in terms of resolution, sound stage, bass...
Thanks once again for your reply.. guess will have to pull the trigger on Fazon
post #5 of 5 Old 09-25-2013, 01:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I have heard the Fazons in Las Vegas during CES and I was very surprised with them. Unfortunately, the rooms aren't conducive for good listening. But I was impressed.

I prefer the Dali sound compared to the B&W anyways. The Dali's seem to be more lively when the B&W seem to be a little dead.
ravmk1 likes this.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page