For movies i need to decide between 3 Speakers: JBL; Kef Reference; Paradigm S8 Signature - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-23-2013, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi

For a movie theater i am building i must choose from 3 brands for front speakers:

- Paradigm Signature S8
- Kef Reference 205/2
- JBL SYnthesis Array 1400

From these i think the JBL 1400 Array will have more Soul for movies....

From the brand i choose i will complete with the rest of the brand speakers to make 7.1

As for the Subwoofer i am abou to decide but i have doubts to shoose between these 2:

- JL Fathom F113 (x2)
- SVS PB-13 Ultra (x2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Only four speaker systems make the cut IMO for reference class home theater: JBL Synthesis, Pro Audio Technology, Procella (all of which use compression drivers and waveguides) and Wisdom Audio (line sources).

You MUST have identical LCR speakers! Putting the speakers in wall IMO makes the the room acoustics easier to manage and it also looks much better to boot.

And remember, the room layout, acoustic design, acoustic treatment and final calibration is probably 50% of your end sound quality so make sure you research those areas and seek professional help where appropriate.

Master of Minions, Acoustic Frontiers. We specialize in the design and creation of high performance listening rooms, home theaters and project studios for discerning audio/video enthusiasts.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page