Speaker Stand Recommendation Please. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-24-2013, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 5.1 system. There is just no way for me to hang my speakers. Do they have speaker stands that are taller than the average 3 foot stand? Also, my front left and right speakers are bookshelf speakers. I can't find a stand for them. They are 7x7 at the base. Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-24-2013, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1586 Post(s)
Liked: 1394
I don't know of many speaker stands >36", why you do need to place your speaker that high? You could make a shelf for the speaker, or buy one of the many wall mounts available. Sanus makes good affordable stands, you can pick the style and size you want for your front speakers. I would also recommend some blu-tac to help secure them to the stand.

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
post #3 of 4 Old 09-24-2013, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't hang anything on the wall. I may have to make a compromise and just leave them at 3 ft. I can't see that it will make that much of a difference. I also looked for the Sanus speakers stands. The problem was that the bases were always smaller than my speakers. They are 7x7 inches at the base.

post #4 of 4 Old 09-24-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1586 Post(s)
Liked: 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockncountry101 View Post

I can't hang anything on the wall. I may have to make a compromise and just leave them at 3 ft. I can't see that it will make that much of a difference. I also looked for the Sanus speakers stands. The problem was that the bases were always smaller than my speakers. They are 7x7 inches at the base.

It's okay that they are slightly smaller, you wouldn't want a 4x4 top, but something like 6x6 is fine.

http://www.standsandmounts.com/30-44speakerstands.aspx

Here are some taller ones.

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page