$1500 for a 3.1 sound system. best bang for the buck. need help from the AVS community. - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 64 Old 10-02-2013, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys, any recommendation on a good brand for the AVR that equalizes the subwoofer? or any feature I should look when picking out a AV Receiver? for the speakers I'm looking into ARX, KEF, HTD. Any other good brand for floorstanding speakers I should be looking into? Thank you all for the help so far!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 10-02-2013, 02:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truquitos View Post

Guys, any recommendation on a good brand for the AVR that equalizes the subwoofer?

All brands of AVR that have different models also put different strengths of automatic equalization in different models. So I can tell you to get a Denon, an Onkyo or a Marantz and you could still get an AVR that does subwoofer equalization poorly.

Basically you probably want an AVR that has Audyssey Multieq XT32 , along with Audyssey Subeq XT.

It will be in the AVR feature lists,
Quote:
or any feature I should look when picking out a AV Receiver? for the speakers I'm looking into ARX, KEF, HTD. Any other good brand for floorstanding speakers I should be looking into? Thank you all for the help so far!!

You probably want to go with a subwoofer which makes floorstanders optional to say the least. I don't know of any floorstanders with built in subwoofers that can compare to even just a mid-range subwoofer.
post #63 of 64 Old 10-02-2013, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

All brands of AVR that have different models also put different strengths of automatic equalization in different models. So I can tell you to get a Denon, an Onkyo or a Marantz and you could still get an AVR that does subwoofer equalization poorly.

Basically you probably want an AVR that has Audyssey Multieq XT32 , along with Audyssey Subeq XT.

It will be in the AVR feature lists,
You probably want to go with a subwoofer which makes floorstanders optional to say the least. I don't know of any floorstanders with built in subwoofers that can compare to even just a mid-range subwoofer.
Maybe I expressed myself wrong. I will be getting a sub either a Rythmik LV12R or HSU VTF-2 Mk4. So, an AVR that can equalize the sub will be good. and for the floorstanding just wanted to know a few others good brand within my budget "AVR, sub and speakers"
post #64 of 64 Old 11-24-2013, 10:49 AM

Liked: 14

HI All,

i have Yamaha RX-v773 AV and Outlaw M8 Sub (purchased last week). Looking for speakers to setup 5:1 system. My current room size is 10x12 and in future 13x15

Want to check with the experts

a) if A2rx-c LCR or A3 L&R and A2rx-c as Center be a good blend for the Rvr and sub i have?

b) What is the budget surround speakers that could fit in this setup? i will be wall mounting.

Thanks in advance.

Reply Speakers

Tags
Yamaha Rx V673 Receiver , Rythmik Audio Lv12r , Denon Avr E300
Gear in this thread - V673 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page