Kansas City Speaker g2g and barbeque in the park - Saturday October 19, 2013 - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 66 Old 10-22-2013, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Yes the black sub in the middle was a T48. I think the T48 was outdone by the THT - low profile which was the still plywood colored sub on the right. Both belonged to avsforum member d_c Doug is also a moderator at Home Theater Shack and will soon be the owner of a couple home built and custom installed jGallarhorns in his attic space above his theater/living room!!! Pretty awesome! He brought a lot of gear to share!
popalock likes this.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout

My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 10-22-2013, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

"Was Carp dancing or swatting a bee"

Haha, neither I wanted more volume for the sub but the inuke was tapped out. biggrin.gif

Were you guys limited buy the electrical service of the park?

I mean, the iNuke 3K is bridgable right? One per Noesis... tongue.gif

I'm sure just about everyone that attended has a 5,000 watt amp at their house they could have brought over to run the caps...Carp!

Or did you guys just want to stick with the iNukes because of their DSP?
enterthedragon likes this.

post #63 of 66 Old 10-22-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Yes the black sub in the middle was a T48. I think the T48 was outdone by the THT - low profile which was the still plywood colored sub on the right. Both belonged to avsforum member d_c Doug is also a moderator at Home Theater Shack and will soon be the owner of a couple home built and custom installed jGallarhorns in his attic space above his theater/living room!!! Pretty awesome! He brought a lot of gear to share!

The T48 is a midbass sub and the THT a 22 hz sub. Out done in what way? I would think the 48 would be better from 100hz to 200hz but you guys probably did not use it there, no? I was wondering what that monster was, I thought maybe a lilwrecker or something. The DSP on the Inuke is really cool looking at your other video. 1 watt get's you to -5 dBs on the master volume for that song, how about a movie? You should do that for a loud recorded movie to show how much power is really needed for reference with the higher sensitivity speakers.
post #64 of 66 Old 10-22-2013, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 428
popalock,
We only stuck with the Inuke's because they are efficient. The park has one 20 amp circuit, and if it tripped, I don't know if we could reset it there. One of the Crown or Cerwin Vega 5000 watt amps could trip the breaker by itself. I would have liked to have a speakerpower amp or a 6000 watt Inuke or a 7500 watt Peavy. Perhaps next year! The DSP was nice on the INuke though because we could immediately change it for each sub when needed. For the T48 we put like a 35hz HPF, while the THT and the Caps didn't need one.

MKtheater,
The 1 watt DSP limit showed the first bit of clipping at anywhere from -5 to -10ish in the playtime I devoted on various sources on the Noesis. That was with a eight point Audyssey MultiEQ XT calibration of the two Noesis, which may have made the amp hit the 1 watt limit quicker based on any boosting Audyssey may have performed. I didn't catalogue what peak was with what media source, but just tried some different things. Of course it is dependant on the dynamics of the track. With the 20 watt limit engaged I was able to get to reference and up to about 5 above reference on the Noesis before seeing clip lights on those same sources.

The THT bested the T48 because I don't think modern music should be limited to 35hz. It was pretty plain the low notes were missing on anything but old rock and roll when we compared the T48 to the THT or caps. The day of the 35hz HPF sub is drawing to a close IMO - even for music use.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout

My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

post #65 of 66 Old 10-22-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 246
OK, I'm over it (thanks Archaea wink.gif). All this amp talk got me feeling itchy and had to scratch it with a dose of AOF at ref+.

1100 watts/ea for the LCR's is adequate. smile.gif
popalock likes this.

HToM

"Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?"
post #66 of 66 Old 11-01-2013, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Maybe I could just bring a couple 4-5k W gas generators next time. smile.gif
Reply Speakers