Revel F208 or Klipsch RF-7II - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 166 Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 3,011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Send me a pair of those Revels, I'm sure I'll be an instant convert; I like CUBAN Rum, too; don't like beer &/or wine, although I've tried... & will try any someone sends, LoL!

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
SanchoPanza is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 166 Old 09-30-2013, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
comfynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northeast PA.
Posts: 4,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Send me a pair of those Revels, I'm sure I'll be an instant convert; I like CUBAN Rum, too; don't like beer &/or wine, although I've tried... & will try any someone sends, LoL!



No no no! It's Puerto Rican rum biggrin.gif
comfynumb is offline  
post #63 of 166 Old 09-30-2013, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 3,011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Send it, I'm a cheap convert!

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
SanchoPanza is offline  
post #64 of 166 Old 09-30-2013, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
comfynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northeast PA.
Posts: 4,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Send it, I'm a cheap convert!



Lol! I always have the family size bottle of Bacardi gold in the frig, you are most welcome to visit me and drink my cheap booze and demo my crappy sounding Revel's biggrin.gif
comfynumb is offline  
post #65 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter
 
RefTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am going to give Revel another chance and i will hear them along with Theta Digital Pre and Theta AMps for Cinema....let's see if it beats JBL.
I am hearing Revel F208 Performa 3, along with the Central C208 and for surrounds S206 (x4)... let's see what it brings on.

For subs i don't know, but i guess the same line
RefTheater is offline  
post #66 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 04:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
comfynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northeast PA.
Posts: 4,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

I am going to give Revel another chance and i will hear them along with Theta Digital Pre and Theta AMps for Cinema....let's see if it beats JBL.
I am hearing Revel F208 Performa 3, along with the Central C208 and for surrounds S206 (x4)... let's see what it brings on.

For subs i don't know, but i guess the same line



I have the F-52's for my fronts, and by all accounts the Performa3 is even better. I got 60% off of retail on mine 7 months ago and just couldn't pass it up. But if I didn't buy them I would have bought the new 208's. IMO the Revel subs are over priced, yes they are amazing, but I think you can do better for a lot less money. If money isn't a concern then go for it. Scott Wilkinson interviewed Kevin Voecks from Revel a few days ago and he talks about the new Revel sub.



http://www.avsforum.com/t/1492598/harman-luxury-audio-group-at-cedia-2013/0_80
comfynumb is offline  
post #67 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

I am going to give Revel another chance and i will hear them along with Theta Digital Pre and Theta AMps for Cinema....let's see if it beats JBL.
I am hearing Revel F208 Performa 3, along with the Central C208 and for surrounds S206 (x4)... let's see what it brings on.

For subs i don't know, but i guess the same line

You know that ATI owns Theta Digital and makes all their amps, right? wink.gif

Well, ATI also makes some amps for JBL Synthesis, Mark Levinson, Lexicon. biggrin.gif

In my experience, Subwoofers make a huge difference to the overall sound quality. And something like Audyssey XT32 Dynamic EQ/Sub EQ can make a HUGE difference. I would not go back to listening to my speakers (Salon2, 802D2, Orion3, KEF 201/2) without Dynamic EQ Sub EQ.
AcuDefTechGuy is offline  
post #68 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MUDCAT45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

You know that ATI owns Theta Digital and makes all their amps, right? wink.gif

Well, ATI also makes some amps for JBL Synthesis, Mark Levinson, Lexicon. biggrin.gif

In my experience, Subwoofers make a huge difference to the overall sound quality. And something like Audyssey XT32 Dynamic EQ/Sub EQ can make a HUGE difference. I would not go back to listening to my speakers (Salon2, 802D2, Orion3, KEF 201/2) without Dynamic EQ Sub EQ.

Those ATI's really need to be out of sight. They re fugly.
MUDCAT45 is online now  
post #69 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post

Those ATI's really need to be out of sight. They re fugly.

What? No way.

C'mon. I love the way they look with their huge heavy metal front handles! biggrin.gif

They look MANLY, instead of GIRLY.
AcuDefTechGuy is offline  
post #70 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
 
RefTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
ATI makes amps for Mark Levinson and Theta for sure, but there is a catch...
THey have manufacturing rules, and there are differences that must be respected. You don't get an ATI with the same sound as Theta or Mark Levinson. All of them are different.
I personally prefer to pay a bit more and have Theta or Mark Levinson.

If i see Mark Levinson and Theta it's hard to choose but love Theta looks...they look a little bit like space gear smile.gif

My concern is that Revels will not perform as good as JBL for Cinema. But if i use for example 2 SVS PB-13 Ultra Subs, along with Theta Amps and Processor the system would be great i guess.
RefTheater is offline  
post #71 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MUDCAT45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

ATI makes amps for Mark Levinson and Theta for sure, but there is a catch...
THey have manufacturing rules, and there are differences that must be respected. You don't get an ATI with the same sound as Theta or Mark Levinson. All of them are different.
I personally prefer to pay a bit more and have Theta or Mark Levinson.

If i see Mark Levinson and Theta it's hard to choose but love Theta looks...they look a little bit like space gear smile.gif

My concern is that Revels will not perform as good as JBL for Cinema. But if i use for example 2 SVS PB-13 Ultra Subs, along with Theta Amps and Processor the system would be great i guess.

Does Theta add tone control to their amps to make them sound different or is that a design flaw?
MUDCAT45 is online now  
post #72 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
 
RefTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post

Does Theta add tone control to their amps to make them sound different or is that a design flaw?

Good question, but i don't know, have to check. I am very curious about the new Class D Monoblocks Prometheus. Those beauties can serve my front speakers and use a Dreadnaught to the other speakers.
For me 7.2 is enough, i don't go with the 10, 12, 16 channel madness for my Home Theater. That's not needed for me.
RefTheater is offline  
post #73 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
comfynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northeast PA.
Posts: 4,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

You know that ATI owns Theta Digital and makes all their amps, right? wink.gif

Well, ATI also makes some amps for JBL Synthesis, Mark Levinson, Lexicon. biggrin.gif

In my experience, Subwoofers make a huge difference to the overall sound quality. And something like Audyssey XT32 Dynamic EQ/Sub EQ can make a HUGE difference. I would not go back to listening to my speakers (Salon2, 802D2, Orion3, KEF 201/2) without Dynamic EQ Sub EQ.



+1
comfynumb is offline  
post #74 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

ATI makes amps for Mark Levinson and Theta for sure, but there is a catch...
THey have manufacturing rules, and there are differences that must be respected. You don't get an ATI with the same sound as Theta or Mark Levinson. All of them are different.
I personally prefer to pay a bit more and have Theta or Mark Levinson.

If i see Mark Levinson and Theta it's hard to choose but love Theta looks...they look a little bit like space gear smile.gif

No, I think they sound exactly the same. ATI will tell you the same. They make them. They know.

... Unless the tones or room EQ or other DSP/EQ change the sound, as MUDCAT45 eluded to, they should sound exactly the same.

But..... we can agree to disagree. biggrin.gif
AcuDefTechGuy is offline  
post #75 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
 
RefTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

No, I think they sound exactly the same. ATI will tell you the same. They make them. They know.

... Unless the tones or room EQ or other DSP/EQ change the sound, as MUDCAT45 eluded to, they should sound exactly the same.

I've heard those opinions in the past. Do you think all Amps sound the same?

Despite all scientific theories, let's say you use monoblocks for the fronts, and 5 channel amp for the other channels. Will the monoblocks sound the same as if you use an integrated 7 channel amplifier?
RefTheater is offline  
post #76 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

I've heard those opinions in the past. Do you think all Amps sound the same?

Despite all scientific theories, let's say you use monoblocks for the fronts, and 5 channel amp for the other channels. Will the monoblocks sound the same as if you use an integrated 7 channel amplifier?

If they are perfectly level matched. Some amps have gain of 28dB, some 32dB, some 34dB, etc. If you level match them, they will sound the same unless they are overdriven, defective, or you use some sort of EQ or DSP to change their sound.

But, again, we can agree to disagree. I am just giving my opinion based on all the amps and speakers I've heard.

Ear level match - they all sound different.

Precise level match - they all sound about the same.
AcuDefTechGuy is offline  
post #77 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter
 
RefTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

If they are perfectly level matched. Some amps have gain of 28dB, some 32dB, some 34dB, etc. If you level match them, they will sound the same unless they are overdriven, defective, or you use some sort of EQ or DSP to change their sound.

But, again, we can agree to disagree. I am just giving my opinion based on all the amps and speakers I've heard.

Ear level match - they all sound different.

Precise level match - they all sound about the same.

The new Theta Prometheus called my attention alot. Actually i am very doubtful if i should go with Datasat RS20i and RA7300, or if i should go with the new Theta Casablanca IV + 2 Prometheus for the fronts and one 5 channel Dreadnaught for the other channels.

I don't want to mix them, so or i go Theta, or i go Datasat. In terms of looks i love Theta, not so much Datasat, but with Theta system i will have 250w for the front channels, and 200w for the other channels, and with Datasat RA7300 i will have 300w for 7 channels.

Hard choice...
RefTheater is offline  
post #78 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
comfynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northeast PA.
Posts: 4,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

The new Theta Prometheus called my attention alot. Actually i am very doubtful if i should go with Datasat RS20i and RA7300, or if i should go with the new Theta Casablanca IV + 2 Prometheus for the fronts and one 5 channel Dreadnaught for the other channels.

I don't want to mix them, so or i go Theta, or i go Datasat. In terms of looks i love Theta, not so much Datasat, but with Theta system i will have 250w for the front channels, and 200w for the other channels, and with Datasat RA7300 i will have 300w for 7 channels.

Hard choice...



That DStat is the cats meow from what I hear, that would be my choice. But I'm sure the Theta is equally as good. Good luck choosing and if you pick the Dstat I'll be expecting a PM from you telling me all about it wink.gif
I have a thing for that model and although I'm happy with my new Marantz if one landed in my rack I would not complain.
comfynumb is offline  
post #79 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

The new Theta Prometheus called my attention alot. Actually i am very doubtful if i should go with Datasat RS20i and RA7300, or if i should go with the new Theta Casablanca IV + 2 Prometheus for the fronts and one 5 channel Dreadnaught for the other channels.

I don't want to mix them, so or i go Theta, or i go Datasat. In terms of looks i love Theta, not so much Datasat, but with Theta system i will have 250w for the front channels, and 200w for the other channels, and with Datasat RA7300 i will have 300w for 7 channels.

Hard choice...

I like the way Theta Digital looks too.

I think they are awesome amps.

Is Theta Digital warranty also 7 years like ATI?

I think it's weird how Mark Levinson and Lexicon offer 5 years warranty, while ATI offers 7 years. I would think ML & Lexicon would offer more.
AcuDefTechGuy is offline  
post #80 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
 
RefTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

I like the way Theta Digital looks too.

I think they are awesome amps.

Is Theta Digital warranty also 7 years like ATI?

I think it's weird how Mark Levinson and Lexicon offer 5 years warranty, while ATI offers 7 years. I would think ML & Lexicon would offer more.

Having a Theta Home Theater in my opinion is a matter of performance, but also is nice to look at the pieces as a "State of Art". Datasat is a superb mchine, but it looks more like a "Computer Machine". I am not explaning well, but do you know what i mean?

And the difference of having 250w/200w instead of a full 300w per channel is something that i must study because the question is: Will i use those 300w per channel? I doubt...as i have a 18 square meter room.
RefTheater is offline  
post #81 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MUDCAT45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

The new Theta Prometheus called my attention alot. Actually i am very doubtful if i should go with Datasat RS20i and RA7300, or if i should go with the new Theta Casablanca IV + 2 Prometheus for the fronts and one 5 channel Dreadnaught for the other channels.

I don't want to mix them, so or i go Theta, or i go Datasat. In terms of looks i love Theta, not so much Datasat, but with Theta system i will have 250w for the front channels, and 200w for the other channels, and with Datasat RA7300 i will have 300w for 7 channels.

Hard choice...

Nothing wrong with buying for aesthetics if you have the $.

Spending big $ on and amp will impress guests who have no idea about performance. OTH if you have a guest who is knowledgeable he will likely compliment your choices then tell others how gullible you are for not wisely spending $ where it counts to achieve good SQ.
MUDCAT45 is online now  
post #82 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

Having a Theta Home Theater in my opinion is a matter of perormance, but also is nice to look at the pieces as a "State of Art". Datasat is a superb mchine, but it looks more like a "Computer Machine". I am not explaning well, but do you know what i mean?

And the difference of having 250w/200w instead of a full 300w per channel is something that i must study because the question is: Will i use those 300w per channel? I doubt...as i have a 18 square meter room.

I know what you mean with aesthetic.

I would go with the Theta Digital any day. Art is important. wink.gif

Doubling the amp power from 250 to 500 watts will give you 3dB more volume, so I doubt going from 250 to 300 watts will do a single thing.

Wait, for all I know, ATI probably makes the amps for Datasat. biggrin.gif
AcuDefTechGuy is offline  
post #83 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
 
RefTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post

Nothing wrong with buying for aesthetics if you have the $.

Spending big $ on and amp will impress guests who have no idea about performance. OTH if you have a guest who is knowledgeable he will likely compliment your choices then tell others how gullible you are for not wisely spending $ where it counts to achieve good SQ.

I know what you mena, but i am not the "showing off" type guy, i like it for my self. Actually i don't have many friends who value these things as i do.
But do you think Datasat will perform better?
RefTheater is offline  
post #84 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
 
RefTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post

I know what you mean with aesthetic.

I would go with the Theta Digital any day. Art is important. wink.gif

Doubling the amp power from 250 to 500 watts will give you 3dB more volume, so I doubt going from 250 to 300 watts will do a single thing.

I am happy i am not the only one that values the looks smile.gif

Is there any picture of the Theta Casablanca IV on the web? Could't find it...i am so curious to see it.

I also think Theta will perform goo with Revel Performa 3...
RefTheater is offline  
post #85 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

I am happy i am not the only one that values the looks smile.gif

Is there any picture of the Theta Casablanca IV on the web? Could't find it...i am so curious to see it.



I am 100% unequivocally certain Theta Digital will sound amazing with Revel.
AcuDefTechGuy is offline  
post #86 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
 
RefTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy View Post



I am 100% unequivocally certain Theta Digital will sound amazing with Revel.

They said the screen was changed, but it looks almost the same so Casablanca III... Nice smile.gif
RefTheater is offline  
post #87 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter
 
RefTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What about connecting JBL Synthesis Array 1400 for the fronts along with the array set, will they perform as good as Revel Performa 3 for movies?
I believe Revel has more power output, but the Array look nice, very nice design.
Price is double, but let's not consider that for now.~

Considered the JBL LS Series also and my deal was almost done, until i've decided to take a better looko nthe Revels, then, why not consider the JBL Array's, they look very unique.

Is this a stupid comparison?
RefTheater is offline  
post #88 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
comfynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northeast PA.
Posts: 4,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

They said the screen was changed, but it looks almost the same so Casablanca III... Nice smile.gif



Man the Dstat looks so much nicer than that, IMO it looks very 70's, almost dated.
comfynumb is offline  
post #89 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter
 
RefTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

Man the Dstat looks so much nicer than that, IMO it looks very 70's, almost dated.

Opinions my friend...Some designs are immortal...
RefTheater is offline  
post #90 of 166 Old 10-05-2013, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater View Post

What about connecting JBL Synthesis Array 1400 for the fronts along with the array set, will they perform as good as Revel Performa 3 for movies?
I believe Revel has more power output, but the Array look nice, very nice design.
Price is double, but let's not consider that for now.~

Considered the JBL LS Series also and my deal was almost done, until i've decided to take a better looko nthe Revels, then, why not consider the JBL Array's, they look very unique.

Is this a stupid comparison?
I have heard the 1400s with twin JBL212 subs. He preferred this setup (JBL) to Salon2s for combination music and movies. Great speakers but the tweeter in the Revel2s is better than the JBL, more air, if you know what I mean. Harmon uses JBL for their reference home theater, not Revel. Having said all that I have not heard the Performa3 but I would venture to guess they are pretty damn good at both. It is all relative.

Main Kef: Reference 205/2 & 202/2c, Surrounds: Kef XQ40, Velodyne Optimum 12, Integra DHC 80.3, Ayre K-5xeMP, Oppo BDP-103, Bryston 4Bsst2, Parasound Halo A31. Second B&W: 685 (3), CCM618, Def Tech Powerfield 1500, Onkyo TX-NR1008, Zone 2 Klipsch AW650.
jima4a is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf7ii Reference Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker Black B Stock , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker Cherry B Stock , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off