post #31 of 45 Old 09-30-2013, 04:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdawg16 View Post

Thanks for the advice guys. Nice to know about the 15% deal. May be worth a try:) I'm getting closer to ordering I think.

Just make sure you are comfortable, that this is what you want - if you have not auditioned anything.
It is a good deal - however, still a big step.

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 09-30-2013, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm definitely thinking seriously about them but am open to all suggestions. They are in my price range which is a huge thing as well and I have heard that they have great reviews. Would be nice to take a listen first. A lot of companies allow you to trial speakers for 30 days and you can send back if you don't like them. Not sure if this company does though.
post #33 of 45 Old 10-01-2013, 04:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 870
Klipsch sound very similar. You can go to Best Buy and listen to some of them to get an idea. The horn tweeters could be considered bright but if that doesnt appeal to you (it does me) it came be tamed somewhat with the 673 EQ.
Have you bought an AVR? That 673 wont be at that price for long.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #34 of 45 Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Ya, I might try to pick that AVR up while it's on sale. Looks like a great deal! I do like a crisp clean sound when listening to movies and what not. I don't like sound when it gets too mid rangy and muffled. Will maybe stop by Best Buy soon just to listen to the Klipsch to get an idea whta the BIC Acoustech would sound like. When I have checked on Klipsch, it seems like they are more spendy. BIC is the first nice looking system that I have seen that is reasonably priced and doesn't break the bank...
post #35 of 45 Old 10-01-2013, 06:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

http://www.amazon.com/America-FH-65B-Bookshelf-Speakers-6-5IN/dp/B002ISTP8K/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1380630468&sr=1-3&keywords=bic+dv62si

I was just browsing around and I realized I steered you wrong on those bookshelf speakers for back surround. The above are the ones that should go with your set. Notice the different tweeter. This one has a horn tweeter like the rest of your speakers. Fortunately acousticsounddesign carries them and all you should have to do is tell them that you want these instead of the DV62s. The price should not even change.
They really should have told you this but the 62s are an older model than the 65s and they probably would rather get rid of a pair of those.

post #36 of 45 Old 10-01-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:

I'm definitely thinking seriously about them but am open to all suggestions. They are in my price range which is a huge thing as well and I have heard that they have great reviews. Would be nice to take a listen first. A lot of companies allow you to trial speakers for 30 days and you can send back if you don't like them. Not sure if this company does though.

This is their policy
http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/ordering/return.cfm

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
post #37 of 45 Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

So I go the Yamaha 673 ordered and just received it today. Did get another quote on the Acoustech system (http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?pid=1635&sc=43). I can get that system with an additional PL-200 woofer and a pair of bookshelf speakers for around $1499 shipped. Would this be a good deal?

Also, any advice on what kind of speaker wire a guys should use?

How do you guys mount your projectors when you have celing tiles in the way? I have a false or drop ceiling. Are there better kits to get for this kind of thing? Thanks!
post #38 of 45 Old 10-10-2013, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:

So I go the Yamaha 673 ordered and just received it today. Did get another quote on the Acoustech system (http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?pid=1635&sc=43). I can get that system with an additional PL-200 woofer and a pair of bookshelf speakers for around $1499 shipped. Would this be a good deal?

Also, any advice on what kind of speaker wire a guys should use?

How do you guys mount your projectors when you have celing tiles in the way? I have a false or drop ceiling. Are there better kits to get for this kind of thing? Thanks!

That is still a great deal, I think you would be very happy with the system.

For speaker wire, grab a spool of 14/16 awg wire from www.monoprice.com For 7.1 you may as well just get a big 250' spool.

Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12
post #39 of 45 Old 10-31-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Any recommendations on Speaker mounts for the BIC Acoustech FH-65's?  Also, need a good center channel mount for the PL-28.  Thanks!  Getting my cables and speaker wire from monoprice.com

post #40 of 45 Old 10-31-2013, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

I would ask in the BIC Owner's Thread and see what peope have been using. Another option is to get a center channel speaker stand, a lot of people use this method if they are using a projector.

post #41 of 45 Old 11-19-2013, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

So I got my Yamaha RX-V673 7.2 receiver and BIC Acoustech speakers all in and hooked up.  So far everything sounds great.  Just wondering if anyone would have advice on EQing the receiver more.  I want to get the most out of each speaker and wondering what frequencies everything should be set to.  Also, I am a little confused regarding Main Zone and Zone 2 on my receiver.  I just want to have 7.2 surround to be able to play.  I have all my speakers in the same room.  It seems like in the settings on the receiver all I get is the option to do a basic setup or 7.1?  Any advice?  I have also heard bad things about using YPAO.  Should I stay away from this and manually adjust my speakers?  Thanks guys:)

post #42 of 45 Old 11-20-2013, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So I got my Yamaha RX-V673 7.2 receiver and BIC Acoustech speakers all in and hooked up.  So far everything sounds great.  Just wondering if anyone would have advice on EQing the receiver more.  I want to get the most out of each speaker and wondering what frequencies everything should be set to.  Also, I am a little confused regarding Main Zone and Zone 2 on my receiver.  I just want to have 7.2 surround to be able to play.  I have all my speakers in the same room.  It seems like in the settings on the receiver all I get is the option to do a basic setup or 7.1?  Any advice?  I have also heard bad things about using YPAO.  Should I stay away from this and manually adjust my speakers?  Thanks guys:)

Use YPAO to configure your speakers. It is not as capable as Audyssey, but will do a decent enough job. You should end up with all your speakers set to small, and a crossover of somewhere around 80hz. That technically is a 7.1 receiver, with the sub pre-out split into two outputs. They each send the same signal so while you have 2 subs, the LFE channel gets split and sent to both. Zone 2 would be used for a second pair of speakers, for example if you had some on your patio and wanted the receiver to power those. For your purposes, if using 7.1 you don't need to worry about zone 2. Simply select the correct processing mode, movies, music, etc. and the receiver will do the rest. Movie mode should engage all your speakers and subs, music should be 2.1, and pure direct will be 2.0, IIRC.

post #43 of 45 Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I guess I have just heard YPAO just makes some of the speakers weaker sounding (aka. subwoofers). Any experience with this? Also, on the receiver, I can set the ft each speaker is from the main listening area; also dB level (should these all be 0? Does YPAO take care of all of this? Thanks!
post #44 of 45 Old 11-21-2013, 04:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

There is a thread for the 673. Try posting there after you read the Owners manual.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1408245/the-official-yamaha-rx-v673-thread-7-2-channel-network-avr/2640#post_23973704

post #45 of 45 Old 11-21-2013, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I guess I have just heard YPAO just makes some of the speakers weaker sounding (aka. subwoofers). Any experience with this? Also, on the receiver, I can set the ft each speaker is from the main listening area; also dB level (should these all be 0? Does YPAO take care of all of this? Thanks!

Yes I would just run YPAO and it will set distances and levels. You will want to make sure your speakers are set to "small" if using a sub, and you probably want to make sure the crossover is somewhere around 80Hz.

Reply Speakers

Tags
Yamaha Rx V673 Receiver , Bic Pl 200 Acoustech Platinum Series Subwoofer
Gear in this thread - V673 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page