HSU Hybrid 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-29-2013, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any inputs on this package or any sort of comments? been thinking about getting this for a while, however, if their are any other options, I'm all open to hearing.

I'm not really sure what kind of receiver I will be getting yet... what would be a good one to power these?

I'm looking to spend $500 on receiver.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I have this set ,in the 5.2 version, although with the previous generation (the mk 3) subwoofers. I'm very happy biggrin.gif with them. I'm probably biased, but I've really not seen or heard any negative reviews, at least from people who have actually heard them. wink.gif

this is IMO, and of course, YMMV.
Joseph.

side note, have you looked through the "I'll demo my speakers..." thread ? There are a couple of us with HSU set-ups listed there.

The white zone is for loading, and unloading, only. If you need to load, or unload, please go to the white zone.... you'll love it, it's a way of life.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-30-2013, 09:10 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlhungdude View Post

I have this set ,in the 5.2 version, although with the previous generation (the mk 3) subwoofers. I'm very happy biggrin.gif with them. I'm probably biased, but I've really not seen or heard any negative reviews, at least from people who have actually heard them. wink.gif

this is IMO, and of course, YMMV.
Joseph.

side note, have you looked through the "I'll demo my speakers..." thread ? There are a couple of us with HSU set-ups listed there.

Thanks for the info, I have not done that yet, I'll start taking a look at that.

Thanks
post #4 of 6 Old 09-30-2013, 10:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 661
HSU Hybrid 3 is a very good setup. There are other speaker/sub choices that are equivalent in class for the money, but I don't see how you could do better smile.gif

post #5 of 6 Old 10-01-2013, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown user View Post

Anyone have any inputs on this package or any sort of comments? been thinking about getting this for a while, however, if their are any other options, I'm all open to hearing.

I'm not really sure what kind of receiver I will be getting yet... what would be a good one to power these?

I'm looking to spend $500 on receiver.

Thanks

Just get any AVR thats 5.1 capable with Audessey. (this is important because you need to EQ your sub). Horn loaded speakers are generally efficient so 80 - 100 wpc would be more than enough.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-01-2013, 03:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIM101 View Post

Just get any AVR thats 5.1 capable with Audessey. (this is important because you need to EQ your sub). Horn loaded speakers are generally efficient so 80 - 100 wpc would be more than enough.

The HSU are horn loaded, but its not horns that make speakers efficient. It's the compression driver mated to the horn. HSU's have a dome tweeter mated to the horn. Fairly efficient, but not quite as good as a good compression driver.

To the OP, hard to get better for the price. It's a good set up.

Dumb enough to spend lots of cash on this junk!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Hsu Research

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page