Polk TSX Series - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-30-2013, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I am in the process of designing a home theater and need some help.

I admit I have spent less time on deciding with speakers then the receiver and tv. Anyway here is the scene, I have a room with LXWXH =16X14X10 feet, its a game room I am turning into a HT, also its open on one side to stairs and hallway. The purpose will be watching regular tv - about 40%, movies 40% and games and music other 20%.

I am planning on buying the TSX series, TSX 440tx2 (L,R), TSX 110bx4 (Rear L,R Height L,R), TSX 250cx1 (center) and PSW125. This comes to around 1700 bucks last time I checked but I will wait until holidays when I can get these under 1000.

There is an intense battle between Denon X4000 and Onkyo TX-NR929 right now, but I will probably go with TX-NR929 again when it is available around 800.

Now finally the question! Do you think the power out of the speakers I selected is going to be less, or I will not be 'wowed'. I have not heard any of the speakers myself, my decision is purely based on technical specs and budget. I want to keep it under 4.5K for tv, receiver, speakers and furniture.

I don't think I am terribly off selecting any of the pieces here, but let me know. Thanks
Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr929 9 2 Channel Network A V Receiver , Polk Audio Psw125 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer Single Cherry
Gear in this thread - Psw125 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page