Need advise for a new HT setup for $8000 budget - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 65 Old 10-12-2013, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12

These 3 manufacturers have a range of offerings, not sure what segment I should be looking for..

Denon 4520 CI
JTR 228 x 3
JTR Slanted 8 x 2
PSA XS30 x 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 10-12-2013, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by avgorder View Post

These 3 manufacturers have a range of offerings, not sure what segment I should be looking for..

Probably the segment that you can audition, have great reviews and speaker measurements, great aesthetics, and great resale value. biggrin.gif

Like Revel, KEF, RBH.
post #63 of 65 Old 10-14-2013, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

I like your recommendation but I would like to just point one thing out only because it's the EXACT same situation I went thru. My first system upgrade was my subs and I was very close to getting a Cap S1, but ended up going with dual XS30's. For less money the OP would have more output over a single Cap S1 is he went with dual XS30's.

After I had upgraded my subs I went with JTR speakers as my mains. The XS30's seem to have no trouble keeping up with the 228HT's, well at least until reference. I haven't pushed my system past reference, but the XS30's can hit 122dB at 2m ground plane so I have no doubt with room gain they could hold their own if pushed past reference.

Going with dual XS30's would still come in at right around 8grand for the entire system. And that would be one hell of a system too.

Thanks JB, I appreciate the heads-up on PSA subs. I must admit I haven't previously looked at PSA closely. The reason is that I lost interest when Tom V indicated to a member of a local forum (when the Triax was first announced) that 240V versions were not in any future plans and therefore PSA will remain unsuitable for export to Australia. To be fair though, I really should swat up on them as a high value ID contender if I'm making system recommendations to members in North America.

Cheers
post #64 of 65 Old 10-14-2013, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Liked: 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

Thanks JB, I appreciate the heads-up on PSA subs. I must admit I haven't previously looked at PSA closely. The reason is that I lost interest when Tom V indicated to a member of a local forum (when the Triax was first announced) that 240V versions were not in any future plans and therefore PSA will remain unsuitable for export to Australia. To be fair though, I really should swat up on them as a high value ID contender if I'm making system recommendations to members in North America.

Cheers

Hmmm, well if you're still interested in a Triax from PSA I know they are offering a 240v version now.

If you go into the Triax thread and look at Tom V's post #117 he mentions it right in his post. They expect to start shipping out 240v versions of the Triax in the next two weeks.

Man looking at the new released numbers of the Triax since they had to switch manufactures for the drivers; that thing is going to be a beast!
post #65 of 65 Old 10-14-2013, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Hmmm, well if you're still interested in a Triax from PSA I know they are offering a 240v version now.

If you go into the Triax thread and look at Tom V's post #117 he mentions it right in his post. They expect to start shipping out 240v versions of the Triax in the next two weeks.

Man looking at the new released numbers of the Triax since they had to switch manufactures for the drivers; that thing is going to be a beast!

Thanks for that info, I've passed it on to the blokes on our local forum who were interested.

Is that thread the only place to find the measurements with the new driver at present?
Reply Speakers

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 75 Receiver , Polk Audio Monitor 75t Four Way Ported Floorstanding Speaker

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page