Distortion out of my Harmon Kardon HKTS 60 speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-15-2013, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This may come accross as a dumb question. But I'm getting some distortion from my Harmon Kardon HKTS 60 speakers when I play Xbox or watch blu rays and it made me think I have no idea if my Yamaha receiver is set up correctly. What's the best way to set up my surround sound?

Here's some background. As I mentioned above I use a 5.1 set up consisting of a Yamaha receiver, HK HKTS 60 speakers, an xbox, and PS3. Everything is run to the receiver with HDMI cables. And the distortion only happens when things get really loud, which in a movie or game happens offten.

Thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-15-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 744
You are probably overdriving your speakers, i.e. turn the volume down. Those are relatively lightweight speakers with small drivers. OTOH have no idea how loud you're talking about since you don't provide any particular measurements, etc.

If it is related to setup you're going to have to be specific about what steps you took to setup the speaker system with your avr such as did you use the auto setup with YPAO? Just knowing what brand it is is of little help, you need to specify the particular model if you want someone to walk you through it.

post #3 of 3 Old 10-15-2013, 05:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 381
What model Yamaha is it? Did you plug in the calibration mic and run the YPAO program?

Afro GT
Reply Speakers

Tags
Harman Kardon Hkts60 Complete 5 1 Home Theater Speaker System Black , Harmon Kardon

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page