Bose Jewel Cube speakers as surrounds on a Denon receiver. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-15-2013, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Ive upgraded my system to a pair of Dynaudio Focus 160 and a center 210 C running off a Denon x4000 (will be getting a 3 channel amp soon). I would like to hook up my old Jewel Cube speakers for the surround and rear channels.

It been difficult to get information on whether this is doable. The sales guy at bose said go for it. While, tech support at Bose said no trade it in for an upgrade. I know the Jewel Cube's need to be hooked up to the acoustimass module for proper crossover. But I was wondering if that was really important for the front main channels and since I wanted to run them as surround and rears maybe it was doable.

I have the adapters to hook up the bose speakers to regular speaker wire. I even spoken to the guy who sold me the Dynaudio and he said it was fine to hook them up. The Dynaudio's are 4 ohm while Ive read the Jewel Cubes could be anywhere from 2-8 ohms...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-15-2013, 06:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 413
You can try it, I'm curious to see what Audyssey sets the crossover to for the Bose cubes. It'll probably be 150-200hz or higher.

Afro GT
post #3 of 3 Old 10-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Those Bose speakers can't play below 200 Hz, so I doubt you'll be happy with this setup. There is a lot of full-range content on the surround channels in modern film mixes, so tiny surround speakers aren't really sufficient if you want the best performance from your system.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Bose Premium Jewel Cube Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page