GoldenEar Tech vs Martin Logan ESL - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-22-2013, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
SGD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am in conflict of which system to get. I am very impressed with the Goldenear Titan 2 and the Logan ESL series. Both so far have sounded amazing. One of the isses I see is the Logan's side, rear and center run at a much higher price point. Both setup have sounded pretty much amazing with everything I have thrown at them. I am not to concerned about the lack of lows from the Logans since I have an SVS sub for that. Anything I am missing or concerned about that could swing my purchase one way or the other.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-22-2013, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter
SGD

One note. A key concern I have is the dealer that demoed the Triton 2 was using a 20k Macintosh while the dealer that demoed the ESL used the same receiver that I have which is the Integra DTR 80.2. How much is the the very expenesive for me Mac going to change the sound. The dealer said they may switch reciever/amps for me to retest the Triton2.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGD View Post

One note. A key concern I have is the dealer that demoed the Triton 2 was using a 20k Macintosh while the dealer that demoed the ESL used the same receiver that I have which is the Integra DTR 80.2. How much is the the very expenesive for me Mac going to change the sound. The dealer said they may switch reciever/amps for me to retest the Triton2.

It won't change the sound in any way so if the dealer is trying to push a 20k McIntosh amp so you get the best sound possible, I'd find a new dealer (for the record, I used to work for a dealer that sold McIntosh).
post #4 of 7 Old 10-22-2013, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGD View Post

Upstream electronics can definitely change the sound you hear, so don't discount that part. Ultimately, however, it's what you hear using your gear in your room that matters. Realistically, the only way to know which speaker works best for you is to audition them in your own HT room.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #5 of 7 Old 10-22-2013, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter
SGD

The dealer that I have been using for over a decade is letting me take the ESL's home for a week to try out but none of the very few dealers in Cleveland will even consider that for the Golden Ears. Sadly my dealer has no way of getting the goldenears for me.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-09-2014, 07:14 AM

SGD

What did you end up buying and why? Im looking at the same speakers

Thx

post #7 of 7 Old 03-19-2014, 11:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is a pertinent thread. I am deciding between the Martin Logan ESL and the Triton 7. I can audition ESL at home, but not the Triton 7.

I am looking for:
1. Soundstage width.
2. Image height. My guess is ESL has this over the Triton 7 but sometimes, cone based drivers can have a very tall height.
3. Razorsharp imaging left to right. I know the ESL has this in spades - very precise. Wondering about the Triton 7.

What the Triton 7 is probably a larger soundstage width, deeper bass extension, and better mids to bass due to the driver. I am not that impressed by the cone of the ESL that takes 500hz and below - not very natural, especially compared to the likes of the KEF LS50.

Anyways, anyone compare the two side by side?

UL
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page