Can you help me identify these speakers - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-24-2013, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I found them at a goodwill they say germany on the inside they have jensen cross overs they have no markings on the speakers them selves they also say 1965 . there is a label on back but no company name any help would be appreciated the speakers have number 105 and a star and the little ones have a 3 digit number and a star  i have scoured the internet with no luck . THere are mids and tweeters in the cabinets but i did not have access to them tonight . same markings different numbers. any help would be appreciated 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-25-2013, 12:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 499
No clue I wouldn't feed them more than 10 20w max a lot of European consumer stuff was 1 - 10 maybe 15-25 wpc then . Some of ours was also.
Maybe Becker or klangfilm? Looks like one of some companies better speakers . Most mass produced speakers used in Grundig , Sabba or Kuba consoles used inexpensive thin stamped steel baskets like their US counterparts .

"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #3 of 4 Old 10-29-2013, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thanks I have a feeling they are worth something they sound incredible but for the life of me i can not find a marking they had jensen capacitors they were stamped Germany and it said 1965 in the cabinet. The person who had them had their dl and social engraved in them so I am assuming they are high end but i cant find anything on them I am at a loss I thought the star marking might be a clue

post #4 of 4 Old 10-30-2013, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnabobonna View Post

Thanks I have a feeling they are worth something they sound incredible but for the life of me i can not find a marking they had jensen capacitors they were stamped Germany and it said 1965 in the cabinet. The person who had them had their dl and social engraved in them so I am assuming they are high end but i cant find anything on them I am at a loss I thought the star marking might be a clue

You might try Audiokharma .com forum or maybe antiqueradio.com forum

"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page