New speakers or stands? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-01-2013, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Here's my dilemma. I've got a set of Infinity Primus 160 bookshelf speakers as my fronts. They sound wonderful and I'm very happy with them despite the fact that they're positioned far too low. Right now they reside inside one of the side towers in my entertainment center about 10" from the floor. I want to move them up to ear level and outside of the cabinet. I've been looking at stands but its hard to find ones that will match the entertainment center. The closest thing I've found are the Sanus Natural series stands but I'm not real sure the finish will match.

The other somewhat pricier option is biting the bullet and getting a set of floor speakers to replace the Infinity's. I would love to get a set of P363's but I'm having a hard time justifying the price. If there were a Fry's nearby I'd jump all over them, but the closest one is a 6 1/2 hour drive and the $100 in fuel plus the time really kills that as an option.

I'm really not sure which way I want to go. How much of a sound upgrade would the P363's be over the 160's? Or does anybody know if one of the Fry's stores would ship the P363's at the sale price rather than paying the full MSRP their online store charges?
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page