The usual questions: Polk Audio RTi A5 vs Boston Acoustics A360 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-03-2013, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hey!

I'm fairly new here! :) Been lurking for a few months now reading up on what I can about everything. 

Not sure if there was a post about this around here but I'm trying to decide whether to get the Polk Audio RTi A5 vs the Boston Acoustics A 360. So far, I've decided to get a Onkyo TX SR313 for the receiver and I've auditioned the Boston Acoustics A series this morning at my local Hi Fi store.

I'm not into the bass-y (i.e. loud subwoofers, etc..) type deal, but what I'm really after is the clear, quiet setup with enough bass and clear midrange tones (I mix and sound designs films as well so the flat, "reference" sound is familiar for me).

The room is about 4.5m x 3m with a 2.5m high ceiling and the audience somewhere between 3 to 4 meters away from the speakers. It's actually a den rather than an actual home theater, so least to say, it isn't exactly enclosed nor sound treated.  

I hope this question isn't as annoying as I thought it would be =b but any comments would really be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-03-2013, 08:48 AM
GTZ

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Best advice I can offer is as long you've auditioned the Boston Acoustics A 360's go audition the Polk Audio RTi A5's. If you ask 2 people there opinion about which speaker sounds best you'll get 3 opinions smile.gif. The only opinion that really counts is which one sounds best to you. Bring along a mix of your favorite music and audition both with the same music, hopefully through the same receiver. Good luck with your decision. FWIW I've had several Polk RT speakers over the years and have never been disappointed with their sound.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-03-2013, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the advice!

I was also wondering about what people thought about the 2 brands.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-04-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
both are well known brands and both come with 5 year warranty.

Its just a matter of which speaker sounds best to you.

Afro GT
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Rti A5 Floorstanding Speaker Single Black , Boston Acoustics A 360 Dual 6 5 Inch Woofer Three Way Floor Standing Speaker Each Gloss Black , Onkyo Tx Sr505 Receiver
Gear in this thread - Sr505 by PriceGrabber.com