height speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-03-2013, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Right now I have heights set up. They never have very much sound running through them. Some rain maybe an explosion or plane flying by. So how important is it that they be high quality speakers. Right now I'm using aony sb1000's. Which are crap. But they do the job. By using them am I missing out on something? Is it worthwhile to upgrade these at some point?

Onkyo TXSR607, Mythos 8 Center, Studio Monitor 350's, Klipsch S-10 surrounds, Bic F12 sub

Epson Home Cinema 8100 Projector
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Only time I notice my height speakers is when I play Expendables 2 or Dredd since those were specifically mixed for 11.1. There is a DTS Neo:X Sound Check on those discs if you have them. It can probably be found on the DTS website as well.

My height speakers are the DefTech SM 55 running from the AVR, which can't keep up with the rest of my speakers at higher volume levels.

The SS-B1000 should do pretty good, at least on paper, with the other speakers in your system. You'd probably have to step up your entire system to go with better height speakers. My only suggestion on that would be SM 450's up front, CLR 2002 for center, the rest SM 350's, and an external amp to help out the Onkyo.

HD-DVD = 94
Blu-Ray = 120 ( 24 Warner red2blu )
Old 11-03-2013, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Okay thanks for the response jevans. Sounds like you have a pretty awesome system!

Onkyo TXSR607, Mythos 8 Center, Studio Monitor 350's, Klipsch S-10 surrounds, Bic F12 sub

Epson Home Cinema 8100 Projector