What center channel is good for rtia7 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-05-2013, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We'll funny question because I know that polk makes a ctr channel for rtia5 but I don't like the bulk and size of it, is there a another ctr speaker out there that would go perfect in a 15x17 room or I'm just out of luck. And would have to be voice match , I was thinking the martin Logan's motion 8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-05-2013, 08:15 PM

I have both the CSi A4 and CSi A6. These are the centers that go with it. I had the CSIA6 first, which I bought soely for sound and it does sound awesome, but it is huge. Make sure that you have space for it. The CSi A4 sounds amazing as well, but just does not throw sound quite as well. I heard them both side by side and just liked the A6 a little better but due to moving that system to a secondary spot, the dive of the A6 no longer worked. You will be happy either way
post #3 of 6 Old 11-05-2013, 08:19 PM

As far as the size, the A4 is definitely manageable. Anything else except maybe the in walls will not be timbre matched and will not sound very good. I highly recommend sticking with the same line of speakers. I originally hooked up my old cs20 and that was when I realized exactly what timbre matched meant. Instead of blending seamlessly, you hear the transition to each speaker and it takes away from the whole experience . I hope that helps.
post #4 of 6 Old 11-06-2013, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks you very much for all the info, so going this weekend to frys and check out the speakers do they come on sell during holidays?
post #5 of 6 Old 11-06-2013, 05:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Liked: 1211
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmrz View Post

We'll funny question because I know that polk makes a ctr channel for rtia5 but I don't like the bulk and size of it, is there a another ctr speaker out there that would go perfect in a 15x17 room or I'm just out of luck. And would have to be voice match , I was thinking the martin Logan's motion 8

The chance that a different brand or even different product line center channel speaker would timbre match your L&R speakers is right around nil.

The good news is that common system optimation tools such as Audyssey, MCACC and YPAO will tend to work that out. Please understand that a leading cause of poor timbre match of center speakers if the common situation where the center channel speaker is in a different acoustic environment than the L & R speakers for at least the critical 6-8 feet after the sound leaves the speaker. Another vote for system optimization!
post #6 of 6 Old 11-06-2013, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

We'll guess I'm sticking with the csi4 for a 15x17 room hope that's big or small enough?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Csi A4 Center Channel Speaker Single Cherry , Polk Audio Csi A6 Center Channel Speaker

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page