Home theater novice has 7.1 question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 03:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

I'm enjoying my newly finished 7.1 setup and am in the process of choosing a new subwoofer, however I also need to get a new center channel. As you can see in my info I have an Infinity Reference based setup, the correct center channel is a CC3 but the only one on e-Bay will be $165 with shipping, my question is this, if I was to take a Dayton Audio BS36 sound bar, wire it to my Denon AVR2805 using the B front speaker outputs and the center channel and than run that and the A Infinity Reference 2000.6 towers I have for mains at the same time would it sound terrible? Or give me a bit more sound? I'm VERY new at this whole home theater thing so I don't have the knowledge to answer this myself. On paper it sounds cool, but I'm sure some of you more seasoned guys can give me some input as far as if it's a terrible idea. Thanks!

Pioneer SC1522K|Mirage Omni 60 Center | Mirage Omni 260 Mains | Mirage Omni FX front heights|
Mirage Omni 60 Side Surrounds| Mirage Omni 60 Rear Surrounds| SVS SB1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 503

Interesting question. I'm not going to pretend to say I know the definitive answer to it but it seems to me this won't work. Reading the material on this AVR it says: 

Dual-room/dual-source output lets you enjoy 7.1 home theater surround in your main room while housemates enjoy another music or video source (in stereo) in a second room. You'll need a separate amplifier for your second listening room — or, if you step to 5.1 audio in your main room, the AVR-2805 can also power a pair of second-room speakers!

It seems to say if you are going to listen to 7.1 then your second set of speakers will be stereo and will require a separate amp for power.

Like I said, I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just taking a stab at answering your question for you. There are probably people here who can answer it more accurately than me.

Panda House likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Speaker B works a bit differently then Zone 2. I believe the Speaker A and the Speaker B terminals would produce the same signal so it would sound kind of strange. You're better off sticking with the Infinity Video 1 connected to the proper Center speaker terminal.

I've seen the CC3 sell for a lot cheaper then $165 on ebay and craigskist. Keep looking.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene c353 View Post

Speaker B works a bit differently then Zone 2. I believe the Speaker A and the Speaker B terminals would produce the same signal so it would sound kind of strange. You're better off sticking with the Infinity Video 1 connected to the proper Center speaker terminal.

I've seen the CC3 sell for a lot cheaper then $165 on ebay and craigskist. Keep looking.

Yep, I agree. Its far far better to find a good center channel and just do it right the first time. It can cost a bit more but the results are what you care about.

Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon Avr 2805 A V Home Theater Receiver , Dayton Audio Bs36 36 Lcr Speaker Bar Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page