Anthem Receiver and Paradigm Speaker Package - What to do? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

I'm new here so forgive me if this is not the appropriate place for this thread.  

I am seeking some honest advice on some stereo equipment that I have inherited.  The full package includes:

Receiver Anthem MRX 700 w/mic stand and accessories
Speakers - All Paradigm Reference Studio Series
Rear Surround 2 x Studio ADP-590 v.5
Front  2 x Studio/60 v.2
Center Channel 1 x Studio/CC v.2
Sub 1 x Studio SUB 12

All of it is in excellent condition and from my limited knowledge and research, this appears to be some rather nice equipment.  The problem is that I live in a small house and live with 3 and 5 year old boys that don't have any respect for nice things.  And, honestly, for me, my 2 year old Onkyo system is good enough and all I really need. I am not at all an audiophile.

So, my questions are:

1. How much is this equipment worth?  

2. Am I better to sell it all as a complete package or as individual components?  

3. Am I better find a dealer to sell it to, if they even do that, or should I sell it on and auction site or classified site?

I appreciate all opinions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-12-2013, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The speakers are really nice but somewhat old. I honestly do not know how much u can sell them for. The Anthem AV receiver retailed for $2k new so u should be able to get over $1k for it and probably the fastest way to sell the whole thing is as a package. But it will sell faster if you sell it separate smile.gif I would start locally (Craig's list) Some people more Knowledgeable might be able to give u a better pricing idea
post #3 of 5 Old 11-12-2013, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info, Quino27.  It's nice to get an idea of the age of the speakers since that was not known when they were given to me.

post #4 of 5 Old 11-12-2013, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If you actually hook it all up properly, position the speakers right and run the Anthem room correction, you will find out what you've been missing for years.

The only reason you think your HTIB is "good enough" is because you haven't heard anything else....but do what you want.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-13-2013, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would agree with Yosh70. I am running Studio 60s V2 and the Center with an Anthem MRX 300 in a 7.1 system and man do they sound great. I do not feel the need to upgade the speakers at all. Only reason I got the Anthem is because my Onkyo bit the dust (I am staying away from Onkyo at this point since my 2 Onkyo receivers died) I had the 1007 receiver and I loved it while it worked but when I got the MRX 300 boy was I surprised by the difference it made. Even without using the calibration software it sounded way better than my 1007 calibrated. I would say hook them up and marvel at the difference and u will most likely keep them. I have 2 small kids 8 and 2 and the 2 year old we nicknamed him the Tasmanian devil smile.gif But we teach him not to mess with the speakers and so far he has not done anything to the speakers.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Anthem Mrx700 , Paradigm Studio Cc 590
Gear in this thread - Mrx700 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page