Single Book Shelf Speaker for Better Spatial Sound in A Horizontal Apartment? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-17-2013, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I live in a 425 sq foot one room studio apartment. It's shaped just like a horizontal shoe box. I have 2 stereo speakers separated on the long side of the wall. If I am in one spot...on the other side of the wall horizontally.... I get stereo separation. But if I walk around my horizontal apartment, that stereo separation is completely lost and there is no spatial sound. Would I do better with one of a single book shelf speaker for spatial sound? Like the Bowers & Wilkins A7? http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Wireless-Music-Systems/Wireless-Music-Systems/A7/explore.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-17-2013, 11:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I'd figure out where my time is most spent in that apartment and adjust the two speakers I had for that spot. Unless you have a multi-channel AVR how would you integrate one more speaker?

I'm trying to visualize a 'horizontal shoe box'. Do you mean to say you have a high ceiling?

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #3 of 3 Old 11-18-2013, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My apartment has no bedroom...it just one room and it's shape is exactly the shape of a shoebox....horizontal. No high ceiling. I mean I would replace my 2 speakers with one of those single speakers that sit on a bookshelf. For instance, it it was the A7 I would skip my receiver and use a usb cord to attach to me receiver.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page