Sub Planning - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-19-2013, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29

We are currently designing house plans for a new home that will include a dedicated theater room. Currently, we have the theater room drawn up at 16 X 27  with 9 foot ceilings (See image below). This room will be over a garage. There should be attic space on each side so side sub placement is possible. I'm going to use an acoustically transparent screen. I'm leaning toward Klipsch THX speakers for the fronts/surrounds. I was strongly leaning toward dual SVS PB13 Ultras. However, many on this site say that dual Submersives would be an upgrade. The new master/slave option makes this an attractive option due to pricing. I'm potentially interested in dual HP+ or F2+ (Master/Slave option).  I was thinking that one in the front and one in the rear would work well in the long room.

The fact that Seaton seems to be more of a guy than a company bothers me a bit. I sent an email to sales@seatonsound.net and never got a response. I sent a message to SVS and got a response in a couple of hours. It scares me a bit to consider spending that kind of money when the Seaton company doesn't seem to be reachable and there isn't even a website.

Any suggestions on room design, sub/speaker/company choice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-19-2013, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I would suggest saving a bit of money and getting a pair of FV15HPs from Rythmik (or 3). The PB13 Ultras are very nice subs but IMO the Rythmiks offers equivalent performance for less money.

Being on a suspended upper floor you may want to decouple the subs from the floor underneath. You can use a finished product like an Auralex Gramma/Subdude or make something yourself. If the floor is concrete you might not need to worry.

Also - you might get more feedback on your subwoofer options if you post in the subwoofer section.

My 2c
Phil
post #3 of 4 Old 11-19-2013, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29

Thanks for the information Phil. I haven't looked very closely at the Rythmiks. I will check them out.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 75
You have adjoining attic space... consider building an IB sub.

Reply Speakers

Tags
Svs Pb13 Ultra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page