Home Theater (5.1) Suggestions - ~$1500.00 budget - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-25-2013, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

My wife and I just started construction on our home "theater" and basement.  The plans are detailed below.  The theater room will be used for TV, movies and sports and will be roughly 17' by 15'.  I've been going through these boards like crazy lately to find reviews on projectors, speakers, seating/construction, etc.

I'd like to stick to about $1500.00 for the speakers and AVR, but we'll concentrate on the speakers in this post.  I've picked out the the following so far:

Edit: spoke to my wife and she does not want to see any speakers so we will need in-wall speakers but preferably builtins.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-25-2013, 09:37 AM

Liked: 34
For a pure HT setup, and the size of your room, I like: http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/hybrid3pkg.html . You can go with a 5.1 package and add another VTF3 with your budget. (it looks like you had a separate budget for the sub).

An alternative is to go with the 3.1 package and get a good pair of on wall mounted speakers, maybe the klipsch above.

Yamaha RX-V673 | HSU HC-1 MK2 | HSU HB-1 MK2 - LR | Pioneer SP-BS22-SLR | BIC RtR-V44-2 (Presence)
post #3 of 6 Old 11-26-2013, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the response, hdnewbie21.

I had to edit my original post due to speaking with my wife last night.  At this point, we are now only looking for speaker suggestions as in-wall or built-in.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-26-2013, 03:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 889
fwiw, looks like its more visual than anything. but in your budget with in wall speakers you are going to give up the reason why so many people want ht systems, the great sound.just my 2 cents

i'm so laid back,i'm laid out
post #5 of 6 Old 11-26-2013, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

You're correct, Smasher50.  Another option that I have been reading about this morning would be to build a faux wall and enclose speakers behind the screen.  This should still give me the quality of sound that I'm looking for and also hide the speakers for the visual element my wife is looking for.

They are currently framing, so I need to decide this fairly quickly here.  I'm been going through the dedicated theater build forum for some ideas, but this project just got a little larger...

post #6 of 6 Old 11-26-2013, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 105
A faux wall with 3 Towers or LCRs all vertically oriented behind an AT screen would be best if you can do it.

Shawn
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rc 52 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each , Klipsch Rs 52 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page