Need 5.0 speakers on a budget - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2013, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I am looking to purchase speakers to fill the missing part of a 5.1 system. I've attached a bunch of pictures of space and set up for your consideration.

A little about myself. I am not an audiophile by any means. I was actually considering just getting a soundbar with a wireless sub. BUT...I have a 7.1 receiver and powered sub left over from my last home and the remodeler of my current house prewired my living room for a 5.1 system. I'm going to use zone 2 on my receiver to connect to two outdoor speakers that I already own.

So now I am looking for center, side, and rear speakers on a budget. The center and side speakers will go on the mantleish ledge right below my TV. The rears will be in the corners on the ceiling because that's where the wires already are. In one of the pictures, you can see where the sub is currently serving as an end table (which will not be the case once I get set up). By budget, I am looking to spend no more than $200 combined on the 5 speakers. I'm really just trying to acheive an improvement to my current sound, which comes from the tv speakers.

I saw a few bookshelf speakers on monoprice, but don't know anything about the quality. I just use them for most of my cable and mount purchases.

FYI the receiver is a denon avr 1912. The sub is a pinnacle digital sub 100. TV is an LG 1080p 120hz passive 3d model. Can get model no. if necessary. bluray is a samsung 3d player and I have dish network with a hopper dvr in this room.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Better than TV speakers - buy 5 of the Boston SoundWare 4.5 in speakers
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/BOSSOUNDWAREWHT/BOSTON-ACOUSTICS-SoundWare-4.5-in-Indoor/Outdoor-Speaker-Each/1.html

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
Old 12-03-2013, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ended up going with this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AVRD62/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Thank you for the rec though!

Tags