Jammed in a Corner in A Steel Framed Home on Slab...need 2.0 or 2.1 advice on Speaker selection - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 26 Old 12-03-2013, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
IMG_3361.JPG 2855k .JPG file Been using a Sony Soundbar/sub HDMI switcher system with my Panny 60GT50 plasma and the switching is starting to falter in it so it is time to move to a 2.0 or 2.1 system using the new Yamaha RC-V673 I just received. House is steel framed and on slab(with no easy way to pull wires) so I just want to run a 2.1 setup using Tower Speakers and a Sub.

Problem is I'd have to get a tower speaker that has a max width of 6" and that even rules out a set of Mythos 4 open box I can get for 600. I can not move the TV as the will not allow it. I will post a few pics and you will see what I am talking about. I really wanted to Bi-Amp a set of Fluance XLF7's for 429 shipped but they are 8" wide and won't fit.
Please look at the pics I have posted and LMK if you guys can recommend some small speakers I can wall mount and I will run a Sub with it.

I bought a Pinnacle SubSonix 10" 200W(pinnacle makes these for Amazon)sub for 119 but am thinking of returning it as I have not opened the box and am interested if there is a better sub to be found for 120. I think the Sub is fixed at 100HZ- not adjustable. So....

http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-Speakers-SubSonix-10-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B003IT70B2

1. Any towers I am missing that will fit 6" w/base max? This is only for HT viewing with some pandora music at lower levels.
2. Barring towers...Any small bookshelfs that I can wall mount(no in wall) that will do a room of 400 sq ft to 90-100 db with the Sub.
3. Should I return the Pinnacle SubSonix for something that is adjustable from 50 to 150HZ? Or can the receiver do that? I am very ignorant to the capabilities of the Yamaha 673 except I can bi amp it and it will do 4 ohm(to a limited degree for sure).

4. Do no want to spend more than 1000 for speakers and sub-we are not audiophiles the the open floorplan has the TV reoom dumping into a total volume of 1670 sq/ft w/12' ceilings. Money is an issue to the wife. I would prefer towers and a sub or just towers and since it is a 2.0/2.1 setup the position of the TV is driving the options.

The TV prevents speaker stands as the top of the TV is 54" high.

I'll shutup and attach a few pics.....Please LMK what you guys would suggest in a Slim tower, Swivel mountable wall monitors and whether to return that sub or not.

Thanks so much for the groups expertise

PS...if you look in pictures in my OP., you can see the white atoms mounted up high on the 16" pillars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3361.JPG (2.79 MB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 12-05-2013, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Bump......

Would appreciate some input please.

Thanks.
post #3 of 26 Old 12-05-2013, 08:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 368
It would not be easy to wall-mount speakers for good sound - you may be looking at another SoundBar -
however, a nice one that you can use the 673 receiver to hook the front 3 channels, and use the receiver
processing. This is just one option - Boston, and they make good stuff - the P400
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/BOSP400BA/BOSTON-ACOUSTICS-P400-Soundbar-Speaker-Black-NEW/1.html

Other than SoundBar - you can wall mount the P442 - vertical as left and right speakers
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/BOSP442BA/BOSTON-ACOUSTICS-P442-LCR-Left-Right-Center-Speaker-Black-Each-NEW/1.html

Look at the
Outlaw subwoofer
http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/lfmEX.html

Rythmik LV12R subwoofer
http://www.rythmikaudio.com/LV12R.html

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PA-R200, Pioneer VSX-30
post #4 of 26 Old 12-05-2013, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Zieg!

hard to wall mount them p400's as there is no place to mount them that will not put them behind the Plasma. Can I not, a;though not optimal-mount 2 book shelfs spaced 6' apart and 2 ft above the TV tilted down and inwards "x" degrees.

I have 4 paradigm atoms mounted 10' up on pillars in the home angled down and they rock when I feed them power and they sound great.

To keep it cheap and light what about two EMP Tek E5Bi's for 225/pair as L/R facing down and a sub?

They are reviewed very highly and this setup is only for watching infrequent movies/TV and Pandora

http://www.andrew-robinson-online.com/review-emp-tek-e5bi-bookshelf-loudspeaker/

I have two Belgian Malinois K9s and they go nuts if I rock out the system so hi dollar is not necessary. I have my higher end setup in my den. The P400 looks good but it would have to be mounted as a sound bar as the wall mountin would be in a 2' deep opening by 6' wide....Not sure if those would sound better than two E5Bis mounted as I mentioned or Paradigms or M3's.

I REALLY appreciate you advice as I am literally backed into a corner and don't want to go to a Vizio Powered Soundbar/Sub.

Thanks so much for your answer.....Regards..Greg

PS...the slimmest speakers I have seen are some DT Mythos 4's 5.5 wide( open box) at for 699 but the bases (removable) push ihe bottom width to 8".
Plus they are not returnable. I even consider MMG W's on hinges to fold out but the height and ohms are an issue. for the Yam 673.
post #5 of 26 Old 12-05-2013, 10:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-10 Pilot View Post

Thanks Zieg!
hard to wall mount them p400's as there is no place to mount them that will not put them behind the Plasma. Can I not, a;though not optimal-mount 2 book shelfs spaced 6' apart and 2 ft above the TV tilted down and inwards "x" degrees.

I have 4 paradigm atoms mounted 10' up on pillars in the home angled down and they rock when I feed them power and they sound great.

To keep it cheap and light what about two EMP Tek E5Bi's for 225/pair as L/R facing down and a sub?
http://www.andrew-robinson-online.com/review-emp-tek-e5bi-bookshelf-loudspeaker/

I have two Belgian Malinois K9s and they go nuts if I rock out the system so hi dollar is not necessary. I have my higher end setup in my den. The P400 looks good but it would have to be mounted as a sound bar as the wall mountin would be in a 2' deep opening by 6' wide....Not sure if those would sound better than two E5Bis mounted as I mentioned or Paradigms or M3's.

I REALLY appreciate you advice as I am literally backed into a corner and don't want to go to a Vizio Powered Soundbar/Sub.

Thanks so much for your answer.....Regards..Greg

PS...the slimmest speakers I have seen are some DT Mythos 4's 5.5 wide( open box) at for 699 but the bases (removable) push ihe bottom width to 8".
Plus they are not returnable. I even consider MMG W's on hinges to fold out but the height and ohms are an issue. for the Yam 673.

The Boston P series is close to their former high-end E series speakers - and are not on the entry level plane.

I have also owned some Paradigm and Definitive Technology speakers before.

Yes, you can mount some bookshelves 6 ft apart and aim them down - EMP is an option if you desire - I read
the review and they still are not for me. However, they may/can be enough for you.

Also, the Mythos 4 needs a sub with it - it is 3 db down at 104 hz.

I am also in a house with several dogs.smile.gif

post #6 of 26 Old 12-06-2013, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter

Zieg....

Your recommendations are excellent and appreciated.

I chose the EMP's as they are more than enough as we never have had a HT in our TV room based on the floor plan design and the near impossibility of pulling wires.

You mentioned the mythos 4 would need a sub. Andrew Robinson stated a sub would be required with the E5Bi's Book shelfs and I don't think I could discern an Outlaw from a Daytin sub...LOL. She puts on the "Voice' or some chick movie and I am out of there..hehe. But we do watch a couple of movies a week and I was curious what you think of a budget sub. I have an NIB Pinnacle Subsonix 10" 200W class D that is made exclusively for amazon but it's going back as it has no power switch or frequency adjust and is fixed at 100Hz. It also seems inefficient with a 90dB SPL rating. Trying to keep the cost down as this is just a failing soundbar replacement for the wife and that P400 is SUPER NICE for sure If I could come up with a single location installation(it has a stand I see) I would jump on it. I could set it 10" above the floor on the top shelf of the HDTV stand but that may be too low or mount it to the edge of the TV stand but that is probably too low as well. I may be able to mount it on the wall up and above the TV with a 15" down tilt and it would look alot nicer than two book shelfs just stuck to the wall.

This is the price I pay from moving from a 50 to 60 inch plasma!

So it's a between the EMP bookshelve's high and facing downward or the P400. Both with a sub.

Now I have to find a sub that doesn't cost alot in case this install is an epic failure.

Two EMPS and Dayton 10 or 12-$350 dollars. Or single P400(400) plus Dayton sub( or whatever you suggest in budget) for cost of 500 or back to the powered sound bar.

Two options to which I would really appreciate your input between the two.

I am not an audiophile by any means when it comes to HDTV but the 10Wx2 speakers in the TV wont cut it.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Regards....Greg
post #7 of 26 Old 12-06-2013, 07:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

While I can not speak much for this sub - this is the one I am drawn to budget wise.
And the Cambridge/Mordaunt Short family, is known for tight and controlled bass.
You can adjust the frequency response on this - and the price is real good. >>>>
Carnival 9 sub - The Carnival line was discontinued.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MORDCARN9BLK/MORDAUNT-SHORT-Carnival-9-10-100w-Powered-Subwoofer-Black/1.html#!more

If you desire, the Dayton should be OK - some people do like them.

post #8 of 26 Old 12-06-2013, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Wow...great info.

I am focusing in on the PS 400 you suggested and trying to find Comparisons against the Pinnacle Qp7 and OP9.

You have definitely solved the problem of the speakers......A LCR Speaker Bar is the way! The PS 400 has the biggest drivers and wondered what you thing of the QP7 and QP9. I think Cambridge/Mordaunt even makes a LCR. I am going to mount it to the front of my AV stand so one with quality of the PS 400 is PERFECT.

I am curious why you chose the Cambridge/Mordaunt Carnival 9? I just went with Dayton from guys raving about them here on AVS.....

So...Bookshelves GONE....LCR Speakerbar is the solution.

Thank you so much for turnin me on to that!

LMK if you have heard anything about the Pinnacle LCR's
post #9 of 26 Old 12-06-2013, 10:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Wow...great info.

You have definitely solved the problem of the speakers......A LCR Speaker Bar is the way! The PS 400 has the biggest drivers and wondered what you thing of the QP7 and QP9. I think Cambridge/Mordaunt even makes a LCR. I am going to mount it to the front of my AV stand so one with quality of the PS 400 is PERFECT.

I am curious why you chose the Cambridge/Mordaunt Carnival 9? I just went with Dayton from guys raving about them here on AVS.....

LMK if you have heard anything about the Pinnacle LCR's

Pinnacle makes decent stuff - however, I do not know much about their SoundBars,
The Boston has bigger drivers - and for sure looks better - and the history of Boston
is real good. Based on my short experience with the Pinnacle sound - I prefer the
Boston sound.

Their (Boston) SoundBar and L/C/R speaker is close to the E series design >>> and the
E series sounds real good, with good detail and definition (resolution) and no sloppy bass.

The Carnival sub looks to be well built and designed, and Cambrige/Mordaunt Short has
been known for good bass control, for Music and Movies/TV. While it may not blow you
out of the water - it will throw that Sony sub out of the house. Not same color >>
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1350/dsc02974jl5.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9588/dsc02975dn2.jpg

The Dayton looks nice for the price - however while no guarantees, I prefer the Mordaunt
Short. There was a review - however, I can not find it anymore. Your Call.

If you had good TV placement - then I for sure would go the bookshelf route.

My little Cambridge bookshelf speaker has real good bass for its size

post #10 of 26 Old 12-06-2013, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Zieg.....

I ran into mounting issue concerns with the PS400's as I was planning on mounting on the 2" thick edge of my HDTV stand. All the gold plated 5 ways are directly on the back of the bar so you have to either punch through drywall or set it on a stand.

I found a thread on the BIC Formula FH56-BAR which has a 5 page thread here on AVS........Parts-Express and Amazon all have very positive reviews.

http://www.parts-express.com/bic-formula-fh56-bar-speaker-bar-system--303-442

I know BIC is not up to standard with BA but I can set my HDTV on top of this(with a simple wood block frame) and for 265 shipped they are a contender as I cannot mount the Pinnacle or BA on the edge of my stand so I will have a HDTV elevated 8" due to this MONSTROUS speaker bar...weighing 45 lbs.

Stacy at Parts Express said it has a frequency response of 33-22KHZ and that they are sold out as they are so popular.

Some of the folks in the AVS thread claim it sounds as good as much more expensive setups.

Droid w/6000+ posts has suggested it to many new members

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1355998/the-official-bic-america-formula-fh56-bar-owners-thread/90#post_22902952

The PS 400 is what I would get if I could mount it to my AV stand.

They have a 5 year warranty so what do you think?

Thanks!

Greg
post #11 of 26 Old 12-06-2013, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Here's the specs from BIC.....

Formula FH56-BAR

Price (MSRP): $599/Each
Design: 625 watts 3 or 5 Discrete Channel Bar Speaker System with wall mounts
Frequency Response: 37Hz-23kHz
Sensitivity: 96dB @ 1 watt, 1 meter, high efficiency output to 116dB
Drivers:

(2) 6 1/2" injection molded woofers, (3) 6 1/2" mid/high frequency horns, (2) 4 1/4" side mounted surrounds.
Magnetic Shielding: YES
Gold-Plated Terminals:YES
Recommended Power: 10- 125 watts RMS per channel, 625 watts peak power
Impedance: 8 ohms
Dimensions: 8"H x 42"W x 6 1/2"D
Weight: 35 Pounds
Warranty: 5 Years Parts and Labor

The Formula FH56-BAR speaker incorporates an innovative state-of-the-art solution to deliver discrete multi-channel sound from one speaker. Unlike other "all-in-one" speakers, the FH56-BAR speaker incorporates 5 discrete channels through a patent-pending technology which enables single drivers to reproduce more than one channel while combining with other drivers in creating a true lifelike expanded theater soundstage.

The unique cabinet and patent-pending driver design enables the FH56-BAR to deliver a precise focused center channel, an 8 foot soundstage for left and right front channels, and amazing rear channel effects with no physical speakers behind the listening area.

A single Formula FH56-BAR placed above or below a television paired with a subwoofer can challange 6-speaker surround systems selling for three times the price. FH56-BAR speakers can also be used for the three front and the three rear channels in a 6.1 theater system. Eliminate the clutter of speaker wires while still enjoying true 5-channel theater sound!

37 to 27kHz...is that possible also with a SPL of 96?
post #12 of 26 Old 12-06-2013, 07:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The Bic SoundBar can work for you - and the word is positive on them - and will also kick the
Sony SoundBar out of the house. However, the 96 db sensitivity and 37 hz bass response and
116 db spl is for sure, optimistic on their part to me - however, it will play loud and give you
some decent bass.

What you decide is up to you - here is a mounting option if you were not to buy the Bic SoundBar

Center Stage brackets - mount the SoundBar on top of the TV
http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/center_stage.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5RNv0brrYw

Also, there are SounBar brackets
http://soundbarbrackets.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgJjlxuEUmc

post #13 of 26 Old 12-06-2013, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Zieg.....

Never knew those existed.

I would not recommend the SounBar brackets as they don't support by the cantilever method the center stage ones do. The butressing legs of the Center Stage platforms seem much more a stable option as if you even bump a 60" TV I fear those SounBars do not have enough holding force.

I will search ebay for those as I am NOT paying 100 dollars for 10 dollars worth of metal/

The Center Stage would work great on those EMP E5Bi's as the platform can be tilted forward.

Another issue I thought of is any Speaker Bar that has curved edges will roll backwards or forwards.

Sadly the P400 has a curvilinear top and bottom so they would have fixed to the plate as any vibration would roll them off.

Not trying to be a downer...just pointing out some deficiencies I can forsee....

Dang....so close and yet so far!

Looks like I am stuck with the BIC Speaker Bar w/ the TV sitting on it with base modification or going with the EMP E5Bi on the center stage platform.

Both come in between 265 and 325 installed..Bone Cheap.

OH...BTW......That Carnival 9 Sub....I searched everywhere for hard stats(even got their PDF) and info is sparse on that UK SUB....

Believe me...I am very grateful for all your input. No one else but you has chimed in and that speaks volumes to your character!
post #14 of 26 Old 12-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
You can find the BIC sound bar for the same price on Amazon and they have packages with a sub woofer.

Samsung PN50C7000
Yamaha RX-V775WA
BIC Venturi DV64 Towers
BIC Venturi DV62 CLRs Center

Still building but sounds amazing so far
post #15 of 26 Old 12-06-2013, 10:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Another issue I thought of is any Speaker Bar that has curved edges will roll backwards or forwards.

Sadly the P400 has a curvilinear top and bottom so they would have fixed to the plate as any vibration would roll them off.

Not trying to be a downer...just pointing out some deficiencies I can forsee....

That is why they make rubber bumper feet -
Also, Blu-Tack
http://www.amazon.com/Bostik-Blu-Tack-Blu-Tack-Re-usable/dp/B0006DPMSG

In the end, whatever system you chose - will be a nice upgrade for you

post #16 of 26 Old 12-07-2013, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Zieg....

I alwaus learn something from you!

Hey....if I go the BIC Route.....there is a package / the LCR and a Sub from BIC's higher line(LOL oxymoron?) called the Accoustech H100.

They sell both together for 430 shipped ...the LCR sells for 265 so the sum for the sub is 155. I have read that, somewhere, that the H100 Sub is made by another higher end company.

Here are the specs I found on the Sub from the seller in the package....There seems to be a H100 and a H100II Sub? The Audio store claims to have sold 1000 of these combos with only 5 returned.....

http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?pid=1763&sc=27

LMK what you think of the sub....I was looking for a down firing port as it is going in a corner...but not being audiophile I don't know if it matters.

Thanks again!

Greg
post #17 of 26 Old 12-07-2013, 02:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

For your needs this system should work fine for you - again, while the specs are somewhat optimistic
on their part (not the end of the world), this system should bring you some enjoyment. > It will be a
big difference from your Sony SoundBar system. A down firing sub can work for you, there will be some
gain in the volume at the corner - however, it has a volume control.

post #18 of 26 Old 12-07-2013, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Zieg...

what about your thoughts on the H100 Sub? I know it will work fine...just wanted your multithousand post experience input.

http://www.amazon.com/Acoustech-500-Watt-Front-Firing-Subwoofer-High-Gloss/dp/B0006DNW6U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386455296&sr=8-1&keywords=H100+subwoofer

PS...This is a back firing not down firing sub

Thanks!
post #19 of 26 Old 12-07-2013, 04:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Zieg...
what about your thoughts on the H100 Sub? I know it will work fine...just wanted your multithousand post experience input.

http://www.amazon.com/Acoustech-500-Watt-Front-Firing-Subwoofer-High-Gloss/dp/B0006DNW6U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386455296&sr=8-1&keywords=H100+subwoofer

PS...This is a back firing not down firing sub Thanks!

Yes your right - rear bass port and front firing woofer.

It will have some power - for a tight budget it is a decent option - I believe you could do worse,
The Bics tend to be more suited for Movies/TV, than music > > That is a good price for the Bar
and the sub

I would try if possible, to give the rear port 4 to 6 inches from the rear wall - It could get boomy
around there - however, you have a volume control.

post #20 of 26 Old 12-07-2013, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Zieg...

You've handled this whole thread solo. Thanks for all your help.

I'll call the AV store (vendor who sell this) and ask him how the combo sounds or it will be sent back.

I'll work the weekend trying to figure how to fir the P400 in w/out the platform-I don't want to damage a 2K TV over a 399 LCR.

Hopefully the next thread I post some other folks will opine so you don't have to do all the heavy lifting!

Regards...Greg

PS...Do you live near to DFW?...I fly execs in and out of there at least once a month from Savannah, GA
post #21 of 26 Old 12-07-2013, 07:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Zieg...You've handled this whole thread solo. Thanks for all your help.

I'll call the AV store (vendor who sell this) and ask him how the combo sounds or it will be sent back.

PS...Do you live near to DFW?...I fly execs in and out of there at least once a month from Savannah, GA
Your welcome

You may like the system - try it out

I live near Houston

post #22 of 26 Old 12-08-2013, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Morning Zieg!

Found some KEF's that are narrow enough to fit on each side of my TV.......

Can you check them out the specs and tell me what you think?

They can sit on the floor or if you fold the base up and slide it up the speaker it changes the X-over frequency.....

They are only 24" tall but I can but them on stands and to keep it matched could I use an identical third as a center?

Heres the specs on the KEFS...http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/544550534/kef-kht6000-ace-gloss-black?s_c=site_search

The KEF Center which is not on sale but I am posting it up ... EXACT dimensions/specs and X over Frequencies as tje L/R.

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/548550009/kef-kht6000c-ace-gloss-black?s_c=site_search

LMK.......This would be much more aesthetic for the WARDEN but I don't know if the KEF (Home Theater=KHT) speakers are a pos.

The are only 4.66" wide and and 3.8 deep.

This would cost me 50 more than the P400 and they are the ONLY speaks I can find that will fot in my tight corner-albeit only 24" high.

Waiting on your reply whether to pull the trigger on the KHT 6000ace's- sparse info on AVS.

Thanks! Greg
post #23 of 26 Old 12-08-2013, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

post #24 of 26 Old 12-08-2013, 09:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

It looks good - regardless, bass will be somewhat limited - however, the sub will help there.
The sensitivity will be a little lower than average - I would turn one sideways as a center. >
Better price at KEF-Direct
http://www.kefdirect.com/kht-6000-loudspeaker-silver.html

post #25 of 26 Old 12-08-2013, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Zieg...

DONE DEAL.....Just ordered 3 KEF KTH6000ace's from KEF Direct.

Sorry I ran you round in circles but in the end they will fit with 1/4 under my screen and the speakers have a cool platform base that can be moved to the back for wall mounting-which according to KEF changes the X-over frequency...HUH? Di you understand all that tech speak from the STechnology specs?

Anyway...They are ~24H x5"Wx4" deep. ovoid with some crazy techs that supposedly allow them to get decent sound out of an aluminum elipsoid-cylinder shaped speaker.

Not sure if these are even decent speakers...as I can't find a single review on them. Oh....The Center will just have the base attached to the back and I will the Rx analayze the setup with its processing program.

Now just for the sub and I am done.

No worries...I'll head over to Sub forum for that...LOL.

Thanks again for helping my wife and myself out...I was dreading that monster BIC BAR....!

regards...Greg
post #26 of 26 Old 12-08-2013, 02:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Zieg...DONE DEAL.....Just ordered 3 KEF KTH6000ace's from KEF Direct.

Sorry I ran you round in circles but in the end they will fit with 1/4 under my screen and the speakers have a cool platform base that can be moved to the back for wall mounting-which according to KEF changes the X-over frequency...HUH? Di you understand all that tech speak from the STechnology specs?

Anyway...They are ~24H x5"Wx4" deep. ovoid with some crazy techs that supposedly allow them to get decent sound out of an aluminum elipsoid-cylinder shaped speaker.

Not sure if these are even decent speakers...as I can't find a single review on them. Oh....The Center will just have the base attached to the back and I will the Rx analayze the setup with its processing program. regards...Greg

I do not put a lot of weight in the tech talk - and the measurements show some of the bass limitations.
The review states that they are nice speakers - however, I would not pay full price for them. > With a
sub, they can work nice for you.

Review here
http://www.soundandvision.com/completesystems/1205kef/

Reply Speakers

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Yamaha Rx V673 Receiver , Definitive Technology Mythos 4 Tower Speaker Single Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page