Pinnacle just released a new "high end" speaker - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-07-2013, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just found this speaker from Pinnacle; their BD 2500 PLB (Pinnacle's website).

A few of their speakers are pretty common on Woot! (an Amazon company). I have purchased their SFIT 1050 towers and 350 center from that site and am pretty pleased with them (I am just getting into home theater).

When they offer their higher end "Black Diamond" speakers on woot.com they usually only offer the BD 500 (bookshelves) or BD 300 (center), which they do have available on this sale. Anyway, I was quite pleased to see them offer towers in the BD series. I have asked about their speakers here before but no real word on them. Jim Wilson had some nice words about their subs even if there were a couple shortcomings.

While not in the market to buy new towers (no need to spend money I don't have) I can usually convince myself to buy un-needed stereo equipment. I was really wanting their BD towers to go on sale but I honestly cant seriously think of these as big-time contenders for my next upgrade. I realize their posted msrp is ridiculously high but I still think the sale price is pretty damn steep.

Looking at Golden Ears Triton Two (for a little more) or the Triton Threes (for quite a bit less) there doesn't seem to be much of a contest.

I was just posting this here for the hell of it. Looking to see a conversation around them and what others who have more experience than I do think about them so I can continue my education around speakers.

Cheers,

p.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-08-2013, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 15
Bump... anyone know of these?
post #3 of 9 Old 01-13-2014, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thanks for posting this Pieper - I've had the same question as well.  I mean with a $8,000 MSRP...you'd think it would be pretty impressive yet, they are only a few pounds more than the Sfits and were able to come down in price to $2,000 for the sale (if I remember correctly).  I was chomping at the bit for these as well but couldn't pull the trigger.  I'm currently using a pair of Klipsch Icon WF-35's which I like but if you can find a flagship speaker for $2,000...seems like a good deal.  Hopefully one of the few people that picked them up will post some sort of a review (since there aren't many Pinnacle reviews anywhere)!

post #4 of 9 Old 01-30-2014, 12:40 PM

Liked: 11
Had the same question, and I see no one has replied with info. The Pinnacle Rep did say the current issue of Sound & Vision magazine has a 5 star review for the speaker series.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-30-2014, 09:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post

Had the same question, and I see no one has replied with info. The Pinnacle Rep did say the current issue of Sound & Vision magazine has a 5 star review for the speaker series.

They didn't review the towers, but it was a good review.

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/pinnacle-black-diamond-650-series-ii-speaker-system
post #6 of 9 Old 05-02-2014, 06:45 AM

Woot has these for $1000 per speaker today in a side deal. I haven't found any reviews online. Anyone have any experience with them?
post #7 of 9 Old 05-02-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieper53 View Post

I just found this speaker from Pinnacle; their BD 2500 PLB (Pinnacle's website).

p.

Did you ever find out any more information on the Pinnacle BD 2500s?
post #8 of 9 Old 07-23-2014, 10:49 AM

Liked: 11
If your still looking woot has them for $1399 a set!
post #9 of 9 Old 07-23-2014, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Note their sensitivity spec: "Sensitivity: 94 dB @ 1 Watt / 0.5 Meter (2.83 Volts Pink Noise)"

That is how you make a very low sensitivity look high. At least they stated condition the measurement was taken at, which is more than some companies have done.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page