What Klipsch surround speakers to get. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 12-09-2013, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
RMZguy151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I was wondering what your guys opinions would be on some Klipsch surrround speakers. I am currently using some Klipsch RB-51 50Hz-24KHz bookshelfs for my surrounds and I wanna upgrade to a true surround speaker. I am looking at the RS-52II or the RS-42II. I am looking for opinions on what would work better for my set up. I currently have RF-82II 33Hz-24KHz fronts, RC-62II 57Hz-24KHz center and SUB-12 24Hz-120Hz sub, powered by a Marantz SR7007. I don't know if the RS-52II 58Hz-24KHz would be too similar of sound to all the other speakers or if they would sound perfect for my current set up, same goes for the RS-42II 62Hz-24KHz, not sure if they would sound out of place or just right? All opinions are welcome, Thanks in advance!

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7007 Receiver
Samsung 58" 7000 Plasma
PS3 and Xbox
Apple TV
RMZguy151 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 Old 12-09-2013, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,920
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMZguy151 View Post

Hello, I was wondering what your guys opinions would be on some Klipsch surrround speakers. I am currently using some Klipsch RB-51 50Hz-24KHz bookshelfs for my surrounds and I wanna upgrade to a true surround speaker. I am looking at the RS-52II or the RS-42II. I am looking for opinions on what would work better for my set up. I currently have RF-82II 33Hz-24KHz fronts, RC-62II 57Hz-24KHz center and SUB-12 24Hz-120Hz sub, powered by a Marantz SR7007. I don't know if the RS-52II 58Hz-24KHz would be too similar of sound to all the other speakers or if they would sound perfect for my current set up, same goes for the RS-42II 62Hz-24KHz, not sure if they would sound out of place or just right? All opinions are welcome, Thanks in advance!

All the Klipsch RF/RS line are going to have the same sound characteristics. If you're happy with the sound then I would do nothing with the speakers.

The biggest improvement to your sound would come from a much better sub. The sub 12 is an OK sub but really doesn't have any output below 30hz (regardless of what the specs say).

Put your money into upgrading the sub. SVS, PSA, HSU, Rythmik, Outlaw (which has been having a nice sale) are the popular choices.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #3 of 21 Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Member
 
dimanata2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15

no need to worry about timbre when you are dealing with surrounds.

you gonna cross ()xo your surrounds at 80Hz anyway, so any surrounds from Reference line will work.


Pioneer VSX-819H

Samsung BD-C6500

Samsung 46" LCD

Klipsch F-3

Klipsch RC-62II

Klipsch SS-1

Klipsch RSW-10d

BIC F-12

dimanata2007 is offline  
post #4 of 21 Old 12-09-2013, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
RMZguy151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

All the Klipsch RF/RS line are going to have the same sound characteristics. If you're happy with the sound then I would do nothing with the speakers.

The biggest improvement to your sound would come from a much better sub. The sub 12 is an OK sub but really doesn't have any output below 30hz (regardless of what the specs say).

Put your money into upgrading the sub. SVS, PSA, HSU, Rythmik, Outlaw (which has been having a nice sale) are the popular choices.

Where is a good place to look and possibly buy these subs? I am not very familiar with those brands. I don't think I need a 15" sub, possibly just a better 12", what would you recommend, I was actually thinking about upgrading to a Klipsch SW-311, is that a decent sub, I've only heard it once and was impressed but didn't have anything to compare it to.

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7007 Receiver
Samsung 58" 7000 Plasma
PS3 and Xbox
Apple TV
RMZguy151 is offline  
post #5 of 21 Old 12-09-2013, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
RMZguy151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimanata2007 View Post

no need to worry about timbre when you are dealing with surrounds. you gonna cross ()xo your surrounds at 80Hz anyway, so any surrounds from Reference line will work.

I should be able to tell a difference from the RB-51 bookshelfs to the RS-52II surrounds though right? What would you get if you were to pick between the 42's and 52's?

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7007 Receiver
Samsung 58" 7000 Plasma
PS3 and Xbox
Apple TV
RMZguy151 is offline  
post #6 of 21 Old 12-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Member
 
dimanata2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMZguy151 View Post


I should be able to tell a difference from the RB-51 bookshelfs to the RS-52II surrounds though right? What would you get if you were to pick between the 42's and 52's?


before I bought SS-1, I was using SB-2 as surrounds. SB-2 older synergy bookshelf speakers with pretty good frequency response and depth of the sound and I liked them a lot. to my surprise "less potent" SS-1 filled my room with wider, more dimensional sound, so I would recommend dedicated SRS speakers even over good bookshelf speakers.

you can't go wrong with 42's or 52's. if you can spend a few extra $$$ - get RS-52, but like I said above, you still need to cross them at 70-80Hz, or you can get RS-42 (cheaper, a bit smaller and easier to place speakers), cross them at 80Hz and you would not hear any difference between 42's and 52's unless you push them to the limit (75Watt  vs 100Watt).

how about RS-25? I like their design better and they should run you much cheaper than RS-42/52. they are fro Reference series and have decent specs.


Pioneer VSX-819H

Samsung BD-C6500

Samsung 46" LCD

Klipsch F-3

Klipsch RC-62II

Klipsch SS-1

Klipsch RSW-10d

BIC F-12

dimanata2007 is offline  
post #7 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
RMZguy151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the info on the Surrounds. Now I am getting more and more curious about changing my sub as well, what sub do you guys recommend? And Where is the best place to buy?

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7007 Receiver
Samsung 58" 7000 Plasma
PS3 and Xbox
Apple TV
RMZguy151 is offline  
post #8 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
RMZguy151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

All the Klipsch RF/RS line are going to have the same sound characteristics. If you're happy with the sound then I would do nothing with the speakers.

The biggest improvement to your sound would come from a much better sub. The sub 12 is an OK sub but really doesn't have any output below 30hz (regardless of what the specs say).

Put your money into upgrading the sub. SVS, PSA, HSU, Rythmik, Outlaw (which has been having a nice sale) are the popular choices.

I am also curious, if I do decide to get a new sub, I currently have a down firing ported sub and think it fills the room well, would a forward facing sub do the same or would a down fire probably be my best choice? Also Ported or Sealed? Mainly for movies, some music and games too.

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7007 Receiver
Samsung 58" 7000 Plasma
PS3 and Xbox
Apple TV
RMZguy151 is offline  
post #9 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,920
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMZguy151 View Post

Where is a good place to look and possibly buy these subs? I am not very familiar with those brands. I don't think I need a 15" sub, possibly just a better 12", what would you recommend, I was actually thinking about upgrading to a Klipsch SW-311, is that a decent sub, I've only heard it once and was impressed but didn't have anything to compare it to.

The subs I mentioned are internet direct (they don't have retail outlets) so you can't just go listen to them anywhere but their factory showrooms.

SVS has free shipping both ways and a 45 day in home trial. PSA and Rythmik also have good shipping and return policies. All have really excellent customer service.

The list price on the SW311 is $1500. Even at half price it can't compare to a $500 SVS PB1000.

Front firing vs down firing makes little difference other than looks.

You can really never have too much subwoofer, as I found out the expensive way. Options are endless depending on your budget. But the good subs start at about $500.

http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/

http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/ported-box/

http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/cylinder/

I have the PC12+ and it's really impressive.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #10 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
The Ryrhmic LV12R for $589 is worth a look as well as the Outlaw LFM-1 EX for $649. HSU VTF-3 MK4 also runs $649. These subs are outstanding and get great reviews. The SVS subs are fantastic as well. You really can not go wrong with either of these subs.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
AlexanderDelarg is offline  
post #11 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
RMZguy151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

The subs I mentioned are internet direct (they don't have retail outlets) so you can't just go listen to them anywhere but their factory showrooms.

SVS has free shipping both ways and a 45 day in home trial. PSA and Rythmik also have good shipping and return policies. All have really excellent customer service.

The list price on the SW311 is $1500. Even at half price it can't compare to a $500 SVS PB1000.

Front firing vs down firing makes little difference other than looks.

You can really never have too much subwoofer, as I found out the expensive way. Options are endless depending on your budget. But the good subs start at about $500.

http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/

http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/ported-box/

http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/cylinder/

I have the PC12+ and it's really impressive.

Does the paper cone on that sub have any downfalls? Money is really not what the big issue is within reason, idealy $500-$800 would be what I WANT to spend. Trying to decide if I should go ported or sealed. I was also looking at the Rythmik subs.

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7007 Receiver
Samsung 58" 7000 Plasma
PS3 and Xbox
Apple TV
RMZguy151 is offline  
post #12 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,920
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMZguy151 View Post

Does the paper cone on that sub have any downfalls? Money is really not what the big issue is within reason, idealy $500-$800 would be what I WANT to spend. Trying to decide if I should go ported or sealed. I was also looking at the Rythmik subs.

I don't know if I'd call the cone "paper" but regardless whatever it's made from is not an issue. SVS uses some of the most robust drivers available.

As for ported or sealed that depends a lot on the size of your room. Sealed subs can work great if they are in a smaller room that can be shut off from the rest of the house. Ported subs tend to work better in larger more open rooms. Multiple subs can help with overall bass distribution in larger rooms.

In the $500-$800 range there are quite few choices.

SVS PB1000 at $500
SVS SB12 at $649
Rythmik LVR-12 at $589 (I think)
SVS PB-12NSD on sale at $699
SVS PC-12NSD at $749
PSA XS15 or XV15 at around $800
HSU VTF 3 MK4 for $649 plus $99 shipping

Dual SVS PB1000s for $949

The next level of performance starts at about $1000 with the HSU VTF-15

and up from there
AlexanderDelarg likes this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
RMZguy151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post

The Ryrhmic LV12R for $589 is worth a look as well as the Outlaw LFM-1 EX for $649. HSU VTF-3 MK4 also runs $649. These subs are outstanding and get great reviews. The SVS subs are fantastic as well. You really can not go wrong with either of these subs.

Doing as much research as I can handle right now but have my eye on these: Outlaw LFM-1EX, Rythmik LV12R, SVS PB1000, SVS SB1000. Also possibly considering SVS PB12-NSD, SVS SB12-NSD and Rythmik F12. I currently have a downfiring rear ported 12" that fills the room well but obviously the sound quality is not the greatest. Keep the opinions going because I don't have much knowledge on these brands. I have no room for 2 subs in the room am currently using. The Outlaw LFM-1EX and the SVS PB/SB12 are the same price, would I be better off with the SVS in that $650 range? SVS PB/SB1000 vs SVS PB/SB 12?

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7007 Receiver
Samsung 58" 7000 Plasma
PS3 and Xbox
Apple TV
RMZguy151 is offline  
post #14 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMZguy151 View Post



Doing as much research as I can handle right now but have my eye on these: Outlaw LFM-1EX, Rythmik LV12R, SVS PB1000, SVS SB1000. Also possibly considering SVS PB12-NSD, SVS SB12-NSD and Rythmik F12. I currently have a downfiring rear ported 12" that fills the room well but obviously the sound quality is not the greatest. Keep the opinions going because I don't have much knowledge on these brands. I have no room for 2 subs in the room am currently using. The Outlaw LFM-1EX and the SVS PB/SB12 are the same price, would I be better off with the SVS in that $650 range? SVS PB/SB1000 vs SVS PB/SB 12?

 



My first choice - SVS PB 12 NSD (on sale now)
http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/ported-box/PB12-NSD.html

My second choice - Rythmic LV12R
http://www.rythmikaudio.com/LV12R.html

My third choice - Outlaw LFM-1EX
http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/lfmEX.html

My fourth choice - HSU VTF-MK4
http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-3mk4.html

The PSA is great but $200 more than the above mentioned. If you can swing it, then go PSA., but for under $700 - these are the best ones out there, IMO. Lots of people in the sub threads mention these as being great subs in the under $700 range.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
AlexanderDelarg is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,920
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMZguy151 View Post

Doing as much research as I can handle right now but have my eye on these: Outlaw LFM-1EX, Rythmik LV12R, SVS PB1000, SVS SB1000. Also possibly considering SVS PB12-NSD, SVS SB12-NSD and Rythmik F12. I currently have a downfiring rear ported 12" that fills the room well but obviously the sound quality is not the greatest. Keep the opinions going because I don't have much knowledge on these brands. I have no room for 2 subs in the room am currently using. The Outlaw LFM-1EX and the SVS PB/SB12 are the same price, would I be better off with the SVS in that $650 range? SVS PB/SB1000 vs SVS PB/SB 12?

You really cant go wrong with any of them. Buy the one that fits the best (check the sizes the Outlaw and HSU are quite large as is the SVS PB12) and buy from where you feel most comfortable. SVS has the best trial period with return shipping covered and full credit for a year for a larger/more powerful sub exchange, shipping included.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #16 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Newbie
 
leojames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

All the Klipsch RF/RS line are going to have the same sound characteristics. If you're happy with the sound then I would do nothing with the speakers.

The biggest improvement to your sound would come from a much better sub. The sub 12 is an OK sub but really doesn't have any output below 30hz (regardless of what the specs say).

Put your money into upgrading the sub.
(which has been having a nice sale) are the popular choices.

Kini

where I can find the sale you mentioned here?

SVS, PSA, HSU, Rythmik, Outlaw ??? What are these? Sorry I am an newbie.

Leo
leojames is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,920
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by leojames View Post

Kini

where I can find the sale you mentioned here?

SVS, PSA, HSU, Rythmik, Outlaw ??? What are these? Sorry I am an newbie.

Leo

http://www.hsuresearch.com/

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/index.html

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/

https://www.svsound.com/

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/products1.html

I don't know if the outlaw sub is still on sale, which would include shipping in the price.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
RMZguy151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered my surrounds tonight, ended up getting the RS-42II because of how close they will be mounted to my listening position and space available. I don't think I will be missing too much from the RS-52II's.
I also talked to a guy at SVS and he got me lined up for the PB12-NSD Sub coming up shortly. Still need to order it but I plan on it soon. I should be happy when everything is all hooked up and tuned correctly. Thanks for all the help and advise guys!

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7007 Receiver
Samsung 58" 7000 Plasma
PS3 and Xbox
Apple TV
RMZguy151 is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 12-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMZguy151 View Post

I ordered my surrounds tonight, ended up getting the RS-42II because of how close they will be mounted to my listening position and space available. I don't think I will be missing too much from the RS-52II's.
I also talked to a guy at SVS and he got me lined up for the PB12-NSD Sub coming up shortly. Still need to order it but I plan on it soon. I should be happy when everything is all hooked up and tuned correctly. Thanks for all the help and advise guys!

Excellent choice. You will be happy.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
AlexanderDelarg is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 12-11-2013, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
RMZguy151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Of course like I always do after making a purchase, I start second guessing my decision. I ordered the RS-42II surrounds last night (4" driver), I talked to one of the tech guys at Crutchfield, I don't know how much he knows but he seemed to think I would be much happier with the RS-52II instead of the RS-42II. He said I would want the 5 1/4" driver size of the 52's to compliment and balance out better with my other surround speaker sizes. Is there any truth to this, will I notice? With how close they are mounted to the listening area I figured the smaller driver would be fine. I guess I need reasurance haha, but if I made the wrong decision with the 42II let me know and I will see if I can change my order.

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7007 Receiver
Samsung 58" 7000 Plasma
PS3 and Xbox
Apple TV
RMZguy151 is offline  
post #21 of 21 Old 12-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Newbie
 
leojames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

http://www.hsuresearch.com/

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/index.html

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/

https://www.svsound.com/

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/products1.html

I don't know if the outlaw sub is still on sale, which would include shipping in the price.

Thank-You Kini
leojames is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Marantz Sr7007 Home Theater Av Receiver , Rs 42 Reference Ii Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each
Gear in this thread - Sr7007 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off