Dream Christmas surprise for little sister, AVS Style!!! - Page 37 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1081 of 1331 Old 01-19-2014, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

trust me, you don't. i seen a lot of things indeed and most of it wasn't the most pleasant stuff one would like to see. i get a lot of feedback like you don't know what is going to happen and i'll have to see it for myself first. it's very common behaviour that people are sceptic or just don't want to listen to your advice or things i've seen and just go deliberatly go that way too prove ur wrong or they don't want to believe it untill they seen it themselves. Sometimes it even takes years before some things happen finally and people will know what i was talking about. One thing is for certain it is not a super power as you cannot change anyones behaviour just like that and most of the people will not believe you and get scared to dead when the things i've said happen. or they are amazed.
yes i can, good and bad. the future is allready laid out and there is no-one that can change that but oneself, if it wasn't i couldn't see that future. anyone, even over the internet. there is no limit to it in terms of distance. only "open" people though , some are really closed up and negative or have a sorta cloud around them, it is nearly impossible to see through that.  it's like when you happen to have one at work that got hit by a chain , then this person would have the rest of his life a sorta underlying fear for chains. they can deny their fear, but it will be still there. in fact we all are just our puppet on our own string. blaming everything and everyone for the things they do themselves. you can easily improve urself by just looking at where and what u get angry about and you'll see it's the inability to do yourself what u got mad about for with the other person.

I actually believe in all those things. Ive seen angels and the works of demons throughout my life. I actually get feelings that I tell people why things are happening, what should be done and they never listen. then the things that I feel happen. Never could understand it fully but I think its similar to you in that it ends up more of a curse since people don't listen it ends up not helping but could have helped. I think you have a stronger ability though. its very interesting, I always keep open minded to things that way im never blinded. Id like to dig into it more and understand it at a higher level and use it to make sure I make the right choices. then who knows, maybe if I could help one person itd be worth it. I like to figure out why things happen the way they do and its always been an interest, never met anyone like you though. Man that's awesome, I never would have guessed.

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1331 Old 01-19-2014, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Man just saw the Riddick last night, its actually good!!!!!!! I don't know whats up though because now when I play a bluray movie or an xbox game the dialogue sounds muffled. All the sound modes except for multi ch sound bad. I checked all my settings on my receiver because sometimes itll switch dynamics on and other things but everything is off except for Audyssey. its strange and I have no idea what it is. Watch it end up being something simple lol!!

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #1083 of 1331 Old 01-19-2014, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Way to be a roll model man! She is certainly blessed to have you as her brother.
Blackmambakila likes this.
post #1084 of 1331 Old 01-19-2014, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaddinit View Post

Way to be a roll model man! She is certainly blessed to have you as her brother.

Thanks for your support!! Shes been enjoying her tv so much now, watching her tv series and movies. Her music system from the Sonos has been awesome. Shes uses her laptop all the time so she gave the school laptop that was junk back to them lol. Other than that things have been great! Only issue is since shes going to a public school, I don't like the friends that's around her. there a bad influence for the path im keeping her on. that will be fixed for next year (Private school) biggrin.gif

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #1085 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 01:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Thanks for your support!! Shes been enjoying her tv so much now, watching her tv series and movies. Her music system from the Sonos has been awesome. Shes uses her laptop all the time so she gave the school laptop that was junk back to them lol. Other than that things have been great! Only issue is since shes going to a public school, I don't like the friends that's around her. there a bad influence for the path im keeping her on. that will be fixed for next year (Private school) biggrin.gif
Oh and BTW, that's a great move sending her to a private school next year. smile.gif

We have (had) all 3 of our kids in a small private school and as parents I think it's the best move we'll ever make. Although it's by no means an elite or expensive school, we had to make some trade-offs in other non-essential areas to be able to afford it, but overall it's well worth it. The main benefit as we see it, is that they're going to school with children whose parents, in the main, share similar values to you and are likeminded - they put a high value their child's education and personal growth. Your sister will have a better chance of developing a group of friends that come from caring families like yours. She will thank you for years to come I reckon. smile.gif
post #1086 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked: 2749
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

Is this what you got her: http://www.sonos.com/shop/products/play5-bridge ? I've never seen one of these - I'll have to take a closer look at what they can do. They look like a very good product at first glance though. 

Giegar I bought the Sonos Play 5 for Christmas 2012 and I can tell you that it's a pretty cool product. I bought it for our bedroom so we could have good music upstairs without going to all the expense and trouble of putting in multiple speakers and an AVR. Would an audiophile like it? Depends on the audiophile but I would say probably not. But it has very good sound quality and if you want to link more than one together you can make it into stereo or even a HT set up. You can also unplug it, move it to another room or outside on the porch, plug it back in and it's ready to go again. It's nifty product. 

GIEGAR likes this.

HT: PSA dual V3600's - PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds - Denon 3313CI - Sony BDP-S5200 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360
Living Room: PSA XV15se - PSB Image T5 L/R - PSB Image B5 Center - Marantz SR5006 - Panasonic BDT210 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Sony Wii
post #1087 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's a great thing to do BMK. If I didn't already think you were a great brother your willingness to put your sister through private school would have certainly convinced me. Not many people have older siblings who are so willing to make sacrifices for them. I know mine didn't.

You're a great brother, your sister is very fortunate to have ended up in your care. 

HT: PSA dual V3600's - PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds - Denon 3313CI - Sony BDP-S5200 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360
Living Room: PSA XV15se - PSB Image T5 L/R - PSB Image B5 Center - Marantz SR5006 - Panasonic BDT210 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Sony Wii
post #1088 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View PostQuote:I actually believe in all those things. Ive seen angels and the works of demons throughout my life. I actually get feelings that I tell people why things are happening, what should be done and they never listen. then the things that I feel happen. Never could understand it fully but I think its similar to you in that it ends up more of a curse since people don't listen it ends up not helping but could have helped. I think you have a stronger ability though. its very interesting, I always keep open minded to things that way im never blinded. Id like to dig into it more and understand it at a higher level and use it to make sure I make the right choices. then who knows, maybe if I could help one person itd be worth it. I like to figure out why things happen the way they do and its always been an interest, never met anyone like you though. Man that's awesome, I never would have guessed.

i know. it's exactly what i do, teach the people that have this to learn to use it wisely and understand what they seen. i've been that road allready and seen to many things and have 3 lifes of experience on how people react on things u tell em. the key point in it all is to not frighten people, not steer them into a direction nor tell em what to do. best thing is to let things go their way and only interfere when someone really goes the wrong way. it isnt called guidance for nothing. i think you know and found this allready. when you listen to yourself you make the right decisions, eventhough sometimes your common sense and logical thinking tells you otherwise. people will eventually come to you to ask about ther own life as you have the answer for them they are looking for. you really can make a difference.  and well.. if you would have listen to your intuition which you not allways trust, you wouldn't have to guess lol. don't hesitate to ask whatever things you want to ask, i gladly explain insofar what i can and am able to. like everyone else you allready have the answers inside yourselfs you just have to see and trust in your vision and ability. keeping everything in a balance and not judge. im not really church guy but the 10 commandments is what gets one a whole end in this. starsigns will also learn you why people act and do things in a certain way. in any way you learn everyday and it never ends.

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
post #1089 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Oh and BTW, that's a great move sending her to a private school next year. smile.gif

We have (had) all 3 of our kids in a small private school and as parents I think it's the best move we'll ever make. Although it's by no means an elite or expensive school, we had to make some trade-offs in other non-essential areas to be able to afford it, but overall it's well worth it. The main benefit as we see it, is that they're going to school with children whose parents, in the main, share similar values to you and are likeminded - they put a high value their child's education and personal growth. Your sister will have a better chance of developing a group of friends that come from caring families like yours. She will thank you for years to come I reckon. smile.gif

at first i would have said it is not the best idea as she won't be able to deal with these other type of people and grow up in a small world. now that you say this perhaps it isn't such a bad idea. as children grow older they allready have more knowledge and are more able to cope with bad things in life. thing is one learns most by talking to other people and finding out stuff together speeds up the process a lot. having only negative and dull people around the kid it would only pick up that stuff and lack some good basics of life knowledge. in my country a private school is like a slave-camp and one gets drilled in a bootcamp , i see in amerika its a bit different and perhaps better system.

Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
post #1090 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah shes been enjoying her setup a lot lately, I think shes still in shock!!! Im def putting her in a private school, I don't like these public schools at all. Soon when I get a chance im going to start looking at what choices well have for that. I didn't bring her this far to slack off, shes going to be someone one day smile.gif

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #1091 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post

That's a great thing to do BMK. If I didn't already think you were a great brother your willingness to put your sister through private school would have certainly convinced me. Not many people have older siblings who are so willing to make sacrifices for them. I know mine didn't.

You're a great brother, your sister is very fortunate to have ended up in your care. 

Thanks Hop!!!! Its nice to have friends like you guys. Actually all this stuff im doing and all of us getting a nice house and good jobs, no one even knows lol. We don't know many people here and haven't communicated with family for a while. Too many nut cakes to stay away from lol. You guys have been my only support!!!! smile.gif
Hopinater likes this.

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #1092 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Hop!!!! Its nice to have friends like you guys. Actually all this stuff im doing and all of us getting a nice house and good jobs, no one even knows lol. We don't know many people here and haven't communicated with family for a while. Too many nut cakes to stay away from lol. You guys have been my only support!!!! smile.gif

nice to hear. the only important thing is that you know. allthough i think you should get into contact with your family , eventhough the're being not the ones you would like to have. we gladly be there for you. must say though that im a nutcase once in a while though:D

post #1093 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's cool of you to say. Thanks BMK. It's nice to know that we can help one another out and support one another as we try and figure out this wild ride called life. I'm glad your sister is loving her Christmas gifts. That's what it's all about. :)

post #1094 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

@Hopinator i think this one fits you better

Blackmambakila and Hopinater like this.

post #1095 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

^ +1 LOL

I love it. That's awesome Dajojo.

post #1096 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
^ +1 LOL

I love it. That's awesome Dajojo.

:D

post #1097 of 1331 Old 01-20-2014, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

@Hopinator i think this one fits you better

All hail the Hopinator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #1098 of 1331 Old 01-21-2014, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LOL. I kind of like the sounds of that. :rolleyes:

post #1099 of 1331 Old 01-21-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Just like this! That's hilarious!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

LoL :D

all rise now ! the king speaks !

post #1100 of 1331 Old 01-21-2014, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

couldn't resist... one for @BMK

post #1101 of 1331 Old 01-21-2014, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

one for Giegar : .. or 2.. couldn't make up my mind lol

GIEGAR likes this.

post #1102 of 1331 Old 01-21-2014, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I like it! theyre so pretty looking, but super fast and deadly!!!

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #1103 of 1331 Old 01-21-2014, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I like it! theyre so pretty looking, but super fast and deadly!!!

it was the nicest pic i could find :)

like my ex.. beautiful but lethal and they kill you if they got the chance xD

post #1104 of 1331 Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's a nice looking snake. Great pic.

post #1105 of 1331 Old 01-22-2014, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

one for Giegar : .. or 2.. couldn't make up my mind lol
Haha thank you DaJoJo! Rugby League was my game, but I gave it away twenty years ago. I still follow the game closely though... my avatar commemorates an unprecedented eight years of domination by my state of Queensland over New South Wales in the annual "State of Origin" Rugby League competition. If you're interested:

That was back in July though, so it's getting a bit old. Now that Australia has thrashed the Poms 5 - 0 in the cricket and regained The Ashes, I might have to change my avatar to reflect that. biggrin.gif
DaJoJo likes this.
post #1106 of 1331 Old 01-23-2014, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How's it sounding BMK? Did you end up diagnosing the cause of this issue? I have a couple of ideas but if you've solved the problem, I won't bore you with them. smile.gifwink.gif

Actually after that other movies and games sound muffled now unless in multi ch mode, its weird! Ive gone through all the settngs on the AVR and can find nothing wrong. i tried unplugging everything overnight to see if it will help

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #1107 of 1331 Old 01-23-2014, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2777 Post(s)
Liked: 2513
did you rerun audyssey?
post #1108 of 1331 Old 01-23-2014, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

How's it sounding BMK? Did you end up diagnosing the cause of this issue? I have a couple of ideas but if you've solved the problem, I won't bore you with them. smile.gifwink.gif

Actually after that other movies and games sound muffled now unless in multi ch mode, its weird! Ive gone through all the settngs on the AVR and can find nothing wrong. i tried unplugging everything overnight to see if it will help

OK, other than Audyssey settings (which you said earlier you checked) my next thought was that you've watched a Dolby TrueHD encoded Blu-ray that's switched on Night Mode behind the scenes, and that setting is enduring. (Some TrueHD discs will do this if you have Night Mode = AUTO. Crazy!) Can you check out Night Mode and set it to OFF?

You mentioned dialogue sounds muffled, so I wonder if there's a problem with your centre speaker. If you go into the 4520's setup menu and change centre speaker to NONE it will downmix the centre channel signal to the main L & R. If this improves dialogue clarity on playback, it indicates a problem with your centre speaker - possibly a fried tweeter. frown.gif

PS: When you say "multi ch mode" do you mean when you select this as the surround processing mode on the 4520? Or do you mean letting the player decode and send multichannel PCM to the 4520 rather than bitstream?
post #1109 of 1331 Old 01-23-2014, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

did you rerun audyssey?

Haven't tried yet but def will do that if needed smile.gif

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #1110 of 1331 Old 01-23-2014, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK, other than Audyssey settings (which you said earlier you checked) my next thought was that you've watched a Dolby TrueHD encoded Blu-ray that's switched on Night Mode behind the scenes, and that setting is enduring. (Some TrueHD discs will do this if you have Night Mode = AUTO. Crazy!) Can you check out Night Mode and set it to OFF?

You mentioned dialogue sounds muffled, so I wonder if there's a problem with your centre speaker. If you go into the 4520's setup menu and change centre speaker to NONE it will downmix the centre channel signal to the main L & R. If this improves dialogue clarity on playback, it indicates a problem with your centre speaker - possibly a fried tweeter. frown.gif

PS: When you say "multi ch mode" do you mean when you select this as the surround processing mode on the 4520? Or do you mean letting the player decode and send multichannel PCM to the 4520 rather than bitstream?

Hmmmmm I have been watching Dolby TrueHD and that's when it all started! You might be on to something! So half way into the Riddick while the AVR was set to TrueHD, the dialogue and sound effects began to sound muffled. I tried different sound modes on the AVR and it didn't change. Then when I switch the AVR to Multi Ch mode everything sounds clear and normal! So then I tried playing an Xbox One game and it also sounded muffled. I switched that to multi Ch mode and it sounded great. Hmmmm it's so strange, I'm think the center sp is good because on multi ch mode the center speaker sounds clear and even with the rest. Also when it's muffled it's effecting all 5 HT speakers, it's like the sound is being choked and doesn't stand out or sound clear, and the bass just overwhelms them. So this night mode thing, I haven't seen any night mode anywhere on my receiver. I wonder where I can find it? I'm going to look it up for the Denon 4520ci. It's so strange because I've watched so many movies and this hasn't happened before eek.gif

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon , Power Sound Audio Triax , Dayton Audio , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Samsung 60 Class 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv , Bowers Wilkins , Audyssey , Sonos , Monster Power
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page