Dream Christmas surprise for little sister, AVS Style!!! - Page 45 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2014, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 684

Oh man, it's top secret and insane! Okay, we'll wait but you're making it very difficult. 

Blackmambakila likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post

Oh man, it's top secret and insane! Okay, we'll wait but you're making it very difficult. 

Trust me its hard for me not to tell you, lol. Yeah this news would spread fast so I cant take any chances with this one. One thing that I can do though is let you guys know first right when im able to smile.gif

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Old 03-05-2014, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 333
G44
Old 03-05-2014, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Trust me its hard for me not to tell you, lol. Yeah this news would spread fast so I cant take any chances with this one. One thing that I can do though is let you guys know first right when im able to smile.gif

Ok, we'll hold you to that promise BMK. Now we just have to be patient and wait. How long do we have to wait? 

Old 03-05-2014, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This new product is in the works, we might have to wait a few months to get a peak into this new beast. I will say that once word is out there'll be a lot of smiles and there will be much competition crushed! Def is something to look forward to, almost makes me wanna cry just thinking about having it biggrin.gif In the meantime I'm going to stay posted on this new speaker line upgrade. I'm ordering some new movie posters this weekend, probably get a Godzilla one for sure and some others. I figure I might as well decorate the room more while I wait. Other than that I'm going to keep my eyes out for any good blueray releases. Just watched the new Thor. I didn't like the first one too much but this last one was much better.

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this when the time comes. In the meantime, I think I saw that Godzilla poster and it is really cool. 

Old 03-05-2014, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this when the time comes. In the meantime, I think I saw that Godzilla poster and it is really cool. 

Man the previews are looking real good! Sucks because I'll have to wait until it's out on blueray but by then I'll have the upgrades in biggrin.gif

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Looks like we all have to be patient. I hate being patient. :)

Old 03-06-2014, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 768
Quote:

Looks like we all have to be patient. I hate being patient. :)

yeah bro.. you and me too :D

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
Old 03-18-2014, 01:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi BMK, Hoppers and other PSA owners...

I found this thread on a local Aussie forum yesterday that you might find interesting. It's a GTG at the premises of a Melbourne retailer/e-tailer. The star attraction is a Triax with an XS30 in a supporting role. Tom V joins in and answers a few questions in the lead-up, which is great.

Powersound Audio Triax GTG at TCC

(The reviews start at post 98.)

Hope you fellas get a kick out of it! smile.gif

So, what's new in your part of the world? wink.gif
DaJoJo and Hopinater like this.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 768

over here nothing much.. just the same usual crisis and same old stuff that being re-invented :D

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

Hi BMK, Hoppers and other PSA owners...

I found this thread on a local Aussie forum yesterday that you might find interesting. It's a GTG at the premises of a Melbourne retailer/e-tailer. The star attraction is a Triax with an XS30 in a supporting role. Tom V joins in and answers a few questions in the lead-up, which is great.

Powersound Audio Triax GTG at TCC

(The reviews start at post 98.)

Hope you fellas get a kick out of it! smile.gif

So, what's new in your part of the world? wink.gif

Thanks Geigar. I've been doing a lot of work around the house and yard getting ready for spring. But every time Spring starts to show up Winter throws another storm at us and we go back into the cold. Other than that not much has been going on. How about you?

Old 04-27-2014, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:

This new product is in the works, we might have to wait a few months to get a peak into this new beast. I will say that once word is out there'll be a lot of smiles and there will be much competition crushed! Def is something to look forward to, almost makes me wanna cry just thinking about having it biggrin.gif In the meantime I'm going to stay posted on this new speaker line upgrade. I'm ordering some new movie posters this weekend, probably get a Godzilla one for sure and some others. I figure I might as well decorate the room more while I wait. Other than that I'm going to keep my eyes out for any good blueray releases. Just watched the new Thor. I didn't like the first one too much but this last one was much better.
Hey Black, Any word on the new Speakers?

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs, (2) Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000us SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), (2) Yamaha P2500s amps for the front (3) bass bins.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speavler View Post

I think you have more options. I've been researching lately about a guest bedroom system in our house. When I read your sister's situation, I think 'bluetooth'. Bluetooth has come a long way with regards to audio quality. Range is still a limiting factor, however. There are some well-reviewed Class D and Class T amps on the market. These are modestly powered, but would be well-suited for a bedroom system. Check out this little amp: http://www.parts-express.com/lepai-lp7498e-200w-class-d-digital-amplifier-with-bluetooth-and-power-supply--310-298

Pair that with a decent set of bookshelf speakers, say the Pioneer BS22's, and you have something well under your budget. Possibly enough left over to consider a subwoofer. Personally, I would not hassle with a receiver in a bedroom system - too large a box, But that's me.

I'm going to be trying out this little amp: http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/14/dnp-griffins-twenty-audio-amp-enables-airplay-in-any-2-1-speake/ in one of our bedrooms. We'll hook it up to our apple tv and stream itunes/itunes radio as well as netflix, etc. Has a sub-out which enables a crossover to the speaker out at 80Z when used. Pretty nifty. We'll see how it sounds....
I agree. I can't wait to try out the Topping "T" chip amp with my bi-amp setup when it is done..

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs, (2) Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000us SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), (2) Yamaha P2500s amps for the front (3) bass bins.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

Hey Black, Any word on the new Speakers?

Yes! Curious minds would like to know. smile.gif

How's it goin' otherwise BMK? We haven't heard from you in ages...
Old 04-28-2014, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

^ I'm curious as well. 

Old 04-30-2014, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Im back!!!! smile.gif man things been crazy!! First my company i work for laid off 7,000 people, one of them was my brother. Been having to pick up on rent and bills until he lands another good job which is in the works. Then my dad called me and said we have to fly out of state to get to his house because our step mom had 2 days to live. The last time I saw them they were doing great, nice jobs, nice new house, healthy, then out of nowhere some kind of cancer spread throughout her body in the matter of days and by the time we got there, they had machines keeping her alive. First time in my life ive seen my dad cry, man this was the hardest thing I ever had to go through. After that we came back and now im just really devestated but im really focusing on health. Im eating real healthy every day, fish and veggies, oatmeal, bananas, ect. Finally after 4 years i started back in the gym. This is me the other day after my 4th week in the gym smile.gif

GIEGAR, DaJoJo and Hopinater like this.

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I just picked out a Klipsch setup for my youngest brother, we got some big towers and center. Man what an upgrade from his little bose!!! These things are beasts, crazy loud for the price!!! Then Tom hooked us up with an XV15se sub that will be here next week!! Hes real happy about it, ill go take some pics right now. Other than that I havent really even fired up my setup. By the time I get home from work I pretty much just have time to go to the gym then off to sleep. Should be getting some time off over the summer, cant wait. Looks like Toms been busy with the new speaker upgrades that they released so the other speakers have probably been put on stand still for a bit.

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Heres some pics of my youngest bros setup, its up in a loft above the kitchen. So we were at best buy and I saw them have these beasty Klipsch towers, dual 8 in woofers and ported enclosures, matching center. Then I was like man I bet i could get you an entire setup with a receiver that will blow you away for your setup for less then a weeks paycheck. He got real curious. I said let me get the manager and Ima get you everything real cheap and set it all up for you when we get home, you need to trash those tiny bose speakers. This setup will sound louder then mine! So the manager took off about $600 off the total price and once I set it all up you cant even turn the volume past half way without your ears bleeding smile.gif then I told him ill call Tom at PSA and get him a sub so I got the XV15se coming, its a beast.

GIEGAR likes this.

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 04-30-2014, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Good to see you back again Black! Sorry to hear about your family problems. Hang in there!

Old 05-01-2014, 12:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Im back!!!! smile.gif man things been crazy!! First my company i work for laid off 7,000 people, one of them was my brother. Been having to pick up on rent and bills until he lands another good job which is in the works. Then my dad called me and said we have to fly out of state to get to his house because our step mom had 2 days to live. The last time I saw them they were doing great, nice jobs, nice new house, healthy, then out of nowhere some kind of cancer spread throughout her body in the matter of days and by the time we got there, they had machines keeping her alive. First time in my life ive seen my dad cry, man this was the hardest thing I ever had to go through. After that we came back and now im just really devestated but im really focusing on health. Im eating real healthy every day, fish and veggies, oatmeal, bananas, ect. Finally after 4 years i started back in the gym. This is me the other day after my 4th week in the gym smile.gif

Welcome back old mate! smile.gif

Definitely sounds and looks like you're bouncing back like a champ from a pretty brutal period in you and your family's life. Again your story is inspirational... thanks for sharing that with us. Great to see you looking after your health too... looks like you're rippin' in with the free weights. Wish I'd looked after my health better when I was younger like you, but let myself go during my late 30's and early 40's when the kids were little. I'm addressing that though!
Old 05-01-2014, 01:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Heres some pics of my youngest bros setup, its up in a loft above the kitchen. So we were at best buy and I saw them have these beasty Klipsch towers, dual 8 in woofers and ported enclosures, matching center. Then I was like man I bet i could get you an entire setup with a receiver that will blow you away for your setup for less then a weeks paycheck. He got real curious. I said let me get the manager and Ima get you everything real cheap and set it all up for you when we get home, you need to trash those tiny bose speakers. This setup will sound louder then mine! So the manager took off about $600 off the total price and once I set it all up you cant even turn the volume past half way without your ears bleeding smile.gif then I told him ill call Tom at PSA and get him a sub so I got the XV15se coming, its a beast.

Man, those Klipsch will be peeling the paint off the walls in that space. Sounds like you're on very good terms with the BB manager to score a deal like that. biggrin.gif Are they KF-28's and a KC-25 centre? What's the PSA XV15SE, is it an upgraded version? Sorry to bombard you with questions... I'm just curious. wink.gif

How's your little sister going... is she still delirious with her Christmas system?
Old 05-01-2014, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hehe well I ordered the XV15 and then the next day they made an announcement on the PSA website. All the sub models have now changed to SE models so now if you go to the website, youll see that they all come with stronger drivers and more juice from the amplifiers. I ordere right when it changed over so im getting the new version, insane power for the price! Check out the website, they got the details, it was a surprise! smile.gif sisters doing good, looks like shes ready for her school year to be over! I think the Klipsch was the 28's, theyre the towers that are $450.00 each, manager sold us each tower for $300.00 and center for $180.00, man what a deal on some insane speakers!!!
GIEGAR likes this.

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Good to see you back BMK. Sorry to hear of your recent trials and pain, things will get better so hang in there. Good to hear about you getting back into the gym and eating healthy. That's a nice setup your brother has there. I just got the new XV15se as my 2nd sub, Tom confirmed that the sub I had delivered two days ago was indeed the newest version so I'm happy about that now I just need to get it dialed in. Dual XV15's it's awesome. Not nearly as your dual Triaxes though. :)

Old 05-01-2014, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Does the new xv15 feel heavier? It looks like the weight is more than the older version smile.gif

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 05-01-2014, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hehe well I ordered the XV15 and then the next day they made an announcement on the PSA website. All the sub models have now changed to SE models so now if you go to the website, youll see that they all come with stronger drivers and more juice from the amplifiers. I ordere right when it changed over so im getting the new version, insane power for the price! Check out the website, they got the details, it was a surprise! smile.gif sisters doing good, looks like shes ready for her school year to be over! I think the Klipsch was the 28's, theyre the towers that are $450.00 each, manager sold us each tower for $300.00 and center for $180.00, man what a deal on some insane speakers!!!

Ah thanks mate, I should have checked the PSA website before firing off questions. I thought SE might be "Special Edition" for Tom's most valued clients! biggrin.gif

I see what you mean, PSA seem to be the current "bang for your buck" champ. I'm a sucker for sealed subs... love that XS30se: 2 X custom Eminence drivers and 800W RMS/2400W peak BASH amp for $1250? That's unreal! You fellas in the 'States are so fortunate to have access to a huge range of high performance audio products at prices I can only dream of.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Does the new xv15 feel heavier? It looks like the weight is more than the older version smile.gif

Yes, it's a bit heavier. The PSA site says 83lbs for the new XV15se. Our Oz distributor DeepHz Audio's site says 34kg or 75lbs for the original XV15.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:

I think the Klipsch was the 28's, theyre the towers that are $450.00 each, manager sold us each tower for $300.00 and center for $180.00, man what a deal on some insane speakers!!!

Over-priced at the regular price > glad you got a decent deal

Must have near-like man of steel ears to listen to them that close,
may well peel more off than just the paint on the walls.

Glad you are doing better and are motivated - look up, there is still
something more high and lifted up.

Enjoy the adventure!

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
Old 05-01-2014, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

Good to see you back again Black! Sorry to hear about your family problems. Hang in there!

Thanks! Yeah things got tough but ive been keeping busy and tackling goals like usual. I feel good about this year getting better smile.gif
ellisr63 likes this.

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks, yeah these klipsch are beasts. All speakers and receiver for less than $1,000 and it sounds insane!!!! My brother is happy!! Cant wait till this sub gets here
ellisr63 likes this.

Dual PSA Triaxes!

Tags
Denon , Power Sound Audio Triax , Dayton Audio , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Samsung 60 Class 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv , Bowers Wilkins , Audyssey , Sonos , Monster Power
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com