Please Help me!!!!! (Speaker Noob) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-22-2013, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi everyone I Currently Own a onkyo tx sr805... Looking to upgrade within the next six months or so (receiver and speakers). I really dont know much about speakers and I'm trying to upgrade my Polk monitor 70s. I want a beginners high-end system.... If that makes sense lol.. I honesty have no idea where to start. Lets start with the Center, I want to get the best bang for my buck looking to spend 600$ at the most but I only have space in my TV stand for 20 Inches of width. would something like the Klipsch WC24 be good? How about Klipsch RC-42 II? or the Infinity Primus PC351? Polk Audio CSI A4? Forgive my ignorance if these speakers are not comparable or mid-range at best i'm not sure how to grade them. I know the center is the MOST important speaker and I'm looking for excellent vocal clarity. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-23-2013, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by billabong12789 View Post

Hi everyone I Currently Own a onkyo tx sr805... Looking to upgrade within the next six months or so (receiver and speakers). I really dont know much about speakers and I'm trying to upgrade my Polk monitor 70s. I want a beginners high-end system.... If that makes sense lol.. I honesty have no idea where to start. Lets start with the Center, I want to get the best bang for my buck looking to spend 600$ at the most but I only have space in my TV stand for 20 Inches of width. would something like the Klipsch WC24 be good? How about Klipsch RC-42 II? or the Infinity Primus PC351? Polk Audio CSI A4?Forgive my ignorance if these speakers are not comparable or mid-range at best i'm not sure how to grade them. I know the center is the MOST important speaker and I'm looking for excellent vocal clarity. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

How big is your room?

What do you listen to?

First point I would make is your front three should have matching timbre.

So getting a different brand and series of center from your front L/R is not an ideal situation.

Could you please help us a little by working on your paragraphs and spacing so the message is easier to read please?

Thanks.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-23-2013, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
The Focal Chorus CC701 is just under 20". Have it at accessories4less and matching towers

Denon 2113, Klipsch RF-52, RC-35, RB-61, SVS PB-1000
Chicago
Reply Speakers

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr805 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver Silver , Polk Audio Monitor 70 Am7025 B 3 Way Floorstanding Speaker Single Black , Klipsch Wc24 2 Way Center Channel Loudspeaker Espresso , Infinity Primus Pc351 Center Speaker , Klipsch Rc 42 Ii Reference Series Ii Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each , Polk Audio Csi A4 Center Channel Speaker Single Black
Gear in this thread - Pc351 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page