Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 01-23-2014, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

Thanks for the quick update! It's good to see you are making progress.

If you proceed with JTR, I'd urge you to you speak to Jeff (designer/builder/owner) to discuss options for the most suitable speakers to mount in a baffle wall. An obvious option are the 212HT-LP (sealed), but they're considerably more expensive than the 228HT's. He may be able to do you custom sealed 228HT (again, costlier) or simply modify the 228HT's crossovers to account for the additional midbass output you would expect from a baffle wall installation.

Here's an example of custom Quintuples mounted in a wall/cabinet: http://jtrspeakers.websitetoolbox.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1275749535&postcount=9 (The centre speaker is the usual Quintuple shape.)

Sorry for stupid question, but the 228HT description say "completely front firing for versatile installation". I cant just leave the front facing the room since it has front port and cover the face with speaker fabric?

This is the plans for my wall:

post #33 of 34 Old 01-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 89
To really keep yourself under $10k and get a lot of value for your money, go all JTR. You will get a bulk discount, just talk to Jeff.

If looks is an issue, Jeff offers veneer options.

-LCR 228 is plenty, two surround 8, one or two 2400 subs. An awesome 5.x setup... you won't miss not having 7.x setup. If you still want 7.x, then replace s8 purchase with four jbl 8350.
-Marantz 7008 you got is an excellent avr.

---------------------------------------------------------------
for sale/trade: BNIB LG OLED Curved TV 55EA9800 ~Best Black Levels Ever~
ht: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008
post #34 of 34 Old 02-01-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Few Update, due to the cost of false wall I would rather use that money and buy nice looking LCR to show my speaker instead hiding it behind the speaker screen. I just hook up the sr7008 and got free pair of old paradigm monitor 90 v3 that been sitting in my brother garage, man it is a big different!. Still using my bose as surround. Has any of you guy have the studio 100 setup and how are they compare to other setup? It has a very nice curb with piano black finish
Reply Speakers

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Seaton Sound Submersive F2 , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp , Marantz Sr7008 , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Klipsch Kl 7800 Thx In Wall Speaker , Fv15hp Subwoofer , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Svs Pb12 Plus Black Oak 12 Inch 800 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Triad , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker Cherry B Stock , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each
Gear in this thread - X4000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page