Surround advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-31-2013, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Hey all,

For the last few years I've been working on upgrading all of my speakers. So far I've replaced the sub, the mains, and (just last week) the center. Sometime next year (likely the later half) I would like to do my surrounds. I'm currently running a 7.1 system which is used about 80% for movies and 20% music. On music I listen in 2.1 so surrounds are a complete non factor there. My room isn't wonderful in terms of acoustics, but I'm planning on moving in the next few years and will hopefully move towards a dedicated room at that point. So I'm not terribly worried about some currently subpar living room acoustics. My current setup includes a Denon 2112, EMP tek55i towers, the EMP e56ci center, and a BIC F12 sub. My current surrounds include (don't laugh) a pair of Sony bookshelf speakers from about 12 years ago, and my rears are KLH 911b's. Now as far as the rears, I'm thinking that I am going to go to a pair of EMP bookshelf's, nothing spectacular but an upgrade over the KLH. The side surrounds are where I plan on spending a bit more money. Now to be honest I would love to be out the door for under $1000 (considering the mains were "only" $800). I would like a set of speakers that are switched phase so I can experiment between dipole and bipole. Right now the pair I really like are the SVS ultra surrounds, even though they are about $200 out of my price range. Also looked at the Polk FXI A6 speakers.

I would love some thoughts about feelings on these pairs of speakers, as well as other suggestions.

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- KLH 911b, Sub- SVS PC12 Plus
TV: Panasonic 50VT25
Blu-Ray Player:Samsung BD-EM59C;
Playstation 4, Apple TV, Harmony Remote
Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Bic America F12 12 Inch 475 Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer , Klh Bookshelf Speakers 911b , Polk Audio Fxi A6 Surround Speakers Pair Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page