I recently purchased a home and am looking to install a home theater system in the living room. Here is a picture of the room:
FamilyRoom.jpg 128k .jpg file
The family room is 21x16. All three walls in picture are exterior walls, the opening to the kitchen is where the fourth wall would be. Additionally, this is not how the furniture will be positioned, it is how the current couple has it. I'm planning on two couches and a large chair with ottoman. That said, my setup is looking to be:
TV : Sony KDL NX810
Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-42
- Front: 2 HTD HD-R65AIM in-ceiling speakers
- Center: HTD Level Three Center (or possibly another HD-R65AIM)
- Surround: 2 HTD HD-R65 in-ceiling speakers
- Back Surround: 2 HTD HD-R65 in-ceiling speakers
- Subwoofer: HTD Level Three Subwoofer
The TV will be mounted to the fireplace since that is arguably the most pratical position for it. So my questions for all of you experts out there are:
1) Would you choose the cabinet-style Level Three Center speaker or use another R65AIM in-ceiling speaker for the center. If I used the R65AIM, it would have to be place about 1 foot off center from the peak of the ceiling. I don't care about the asymetrical look, I just want the best sound.
2) If you used the cabinet-style Level Three Center, would you place it above the TV tilted downward or would you place it below the TV?
I really appreciate your thoughts/comments on the entire system as well as the questions asked.
Thanks in advance,