Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve119 View Post
That said there was no need to be so narky
ahhmmm. . . . first snarkiness came from you:

Quote:
You've totally missed the point of my post,
He just told you in his most recent post that you replied to with that complaint was not about you or what you said.

Quote:
Point taken over the response, however this is a public forum so hate to say it but anyone can join the debate, and have different opinions.
AVS stands for "Audio Video Science" forum, and there are a lot of people here with extensive experience with home audio equipment and lots of scientific knowledge. So as the saying goes, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some are just necessarily better than others." Be ready to be corrected sometimes until you learn more. It's a hobby, and we have all been there, and there is always someone else who knows more

Side note: Where is Bill to correct me some more? LOL

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 126 Old 08-03-2014, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 55
The most frustrating argument I had in recent times was a friend of mine who said Science and Opinion are the same thing, "Both can be used for anyone's agenda." He couldn't grasp the fact that science, known and valid science, has no agenda and is by its very nature neutral.

Sometimes on here I often see the same sentiment from some people just jumping into the hobby. They spend their time bashing the known science because it doesn't "conform" to their impressions. The ear is not a scientific tool. You can PREFER to like one speaker over another but your preference does not change the science behind said speakers frequency response, limitations, flaws, etc.
post #123 of 126 Old 08-03-2014, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
Hee, hee. Bill has corrected me on a few occasions as well. Great to have an audio engineer here to set me straight when I go off kilter....
post #124 of 126 Old 08-04-2014, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
ahhmmm. . . . first snarkiness came from you:

He just told you in his most recent post that you replied to with that complaint was not about you or what you said.

AVS stands for "Audio Video Science" forum, and there are a lot of people here with extensive experience with home audio equipment and lots of scientific knowledge. So as the saying goes, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some are just necessarily better than others." Be ready to be corrected sometimes until you learn more. It's a hobby, and we have all been there, and there is always someone else who knows more

I apologise for my part in being narky, and yeah I accept I need to learn more, and going to stop arguing with you guys coz granted that although the op wanted discrete speakers you guys are going to go for the hard sell of bigger speakers. Lol. I know that bigger speakers will do a better job but I did research on smaller speakers through reviews as at that point in time I couldn't have bigger speakers in my room. I looked at orbs and minx as well and found they weren't a million miles away from the xs so went for the xs instead. I'm surprised though that you haven't thought of the compromise that if she goes for cubes that she could buy another sub and go down the 5.2 route or have I missed that bit? Lol

Me personally am looking at upgrading my front stage
post #125 of 126 Old 08-04-2014, 12:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
I apologise for my part in being narky, and yeah I accept I need to learn more, and going to stop arguing with you guys coz granted that although the op wanted discrete speakers you guys are going to go for the hard sell of bigger speakers. Lol. I know that bigger speakers will do a better job but I did research on smaller speakers through reviews as at that point in time I couldn't have bigger speakers in my room. I looked at orbs and minx as well and found they weren't a million miles away from the xs so went for the xs instead. I'm surprised though that you haven't thought of the compromise that if she goes for cubes that she could buy another sub and go down the 5.2 route or have I missed that bit? Lol

Me personally am looking at upgrading my front stage
That's the place to start. And then a sub. You'd be surprised how much difference a sub upgrade can make

Also, our discussion the last few days inspired me to post this:Basic Speaker Setup FAQ

I worked on it a couple of months ago, and never got around to finalizing it. Figured it ought to help some people.
Steve119 likes this.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #126 of 126 Old 08-04-2014, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
That's the place to start. And then a sub. You'd be surprised how much difference a sub upgrade can make

Also, our discussion the last few days inspired me to post this:Basic Speaker Setup FAQ

I worked on it a couple of months ago, and never got around to finalizing it. Figured it ought to help some people.
Yeah it's really good, I put a query up on that thread lol.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Bose Acoustimass 10 Series Iv Home Entertainment Speaker System Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page