Speaker Mounting assistance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-13-2014, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I will be purchasing in the very near future my 5.1 setup thanks to all the great info from everyone here. So thank you for all the help. I have quite a small room measuring 16.ft(L)x 11.8ft(D) x 9 ft high ceiling.

Yamaha RX-V475
Ascend Acoustics- 170 L/R, 340c, 200 surround
SVS Sound- pb1000 sub

My only issue as you will see below is speaker location and mounting. I need to find something that I can mount to the side of my wall unit to hold the bookshelf speakers. I will not be able to use stands as the sub will take up the area needed for stands. I have found a company called pinpoint who makes a mount I think would work but, unsure if at 90 degrees it will open enough to hold the 170s. So what else is out there, that you think I can use or any other ideas. I do want something that can swivel the speakers inward so I can focus the sound If I needed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-13-2014, 11:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Good question, have used AM-40 mounts with my 170s but pointing straight ahead, not the 90 degree thing, but the clamps open unevenly if needed so I wouldn't think it would be a problem (and they're not in use right now so hard to eyeball it without digging them out of a box in the garage smile.gif You can't simply mount on the wall?

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page