post #32 of 36 Old 01-18-2014, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by adupree View Post

So based off what you just said then any survey that has been done is irrelevant because only a sample group was asked and not the entire population. rolleyes.gif

Pretty silly argument. You'd use a sample of the population to determine that, 19 times out of 20, some percentage of the population would have voted a given way on a given day, for example. You wouldn't use it to say that every single American would vote a certain way, or hold certain beliefs, for example, just as you can't say that all Klipsch speakers ever made are harsh-sounding based on having heard a few.

post #33 of 36 Old 01-18-2014, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
From the systems I remember a set of La Scala, a full set of the Reference line, my buddy's THX set, the small Palladium floor speakers, and the Icons.

So again, I do feel that I have heard enough models to form an educated opinion on how they sound.

Ignorance is a choice
post #34 of 36 Old 01-19-2014, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by adupree View Post

From the systems I remember a set of La Scala, a full set of the Reference line, my buddy's THX set, the small Palladium floor speakers, and the Icons.

So again, I do feel that I have heard enough models to form an educated opinion on how they sound.

I would not disagree that those you listed could sound bright to some listeners. IMO the reference line would be dependent on the models in that line. I owned RF7's and the only time that I ever thought they were harsh/bright was with a Lexicon pre/pro. When I owned them I wished for a little more on the top end.
I have owned three models in the Klipsch KG series and they are not even close to bright. In fact I find the 800 series B&W to border on the bright or harsh side by comparison. The 804 and 805 are somewhat bright and the 802 can be harsh at loud volumes in stereo.
IMO even the Dynaudios have some speakers that are harsh. I have learned not to judge by a brand or other's opinions. Each series within a brand can have different sound characteristics. You have only yourself to blame if you do not listen for yourself.
psgcdn likes this.
post #35 of 36 Old 01-19-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Every speaker can sound harsh depending on how they are set up. I have owned about 15 different klipsch speakers and none sounded harsh when set up right.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and RB-61 II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
post #36 of 36 Old 01-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 45
The best thing you can do to improve the sound without spending much money is room acoustics. Cheaper than the B&W and greatly enhance any speaker in the room.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page