LS50 - R300 - Triton 7/3 - x12 - PM1 ?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-14-2014, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14

Which is the best speaker you recommend? I listen to just about everything from blues to radiohead. These will go in a bedroom or smaller living room, and I can add a subwoofer down the road if need be. I want to stay on the neutral to slightly warmer side, and prioritize soundstage, imaging, and something that wont piss off a sensitive ear. I don't need to rock out to metallica or listen to insane volumes either.

Have heard the triton seven  and really liked them, no fatigue whatsoever, but pondering whether i want a floor stander. They are also incredibly bland to look at. These would be the sensible option I think.

Outside of this group , Dyn Audio s 2.5's and their highs bothered my ears a bit, also pricey. Awesome bass , imaging sub par but that could have been the room. I thought B&w PM1 sounded the best (VERY smooth highs) , well behaved, awesome imaging, didnt have the great bass that the dyn audio's had but didnt hurt my ears, which is nice. These look by far the best out of anything I am considering. They are both probably a bit too $$ for me though. I would buy the Pm1's in a second if they cost a bit less...

Ones I have not heard which are more reasonably priced: have read universal praise for DynAudio x12 , which are on closeout, and I hear they are the smooth side, hopefully not as forward/harsh as i found the 2.5s? The Ls50 also gets universal praise and awards. I cant preview these but can buy/return on amazing if I dont like. THe R300 dont get nearly the hype or press, but havent read a bad thing about them!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-14-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 62
The R series is a bit laid back compared to past generations and I have only heard the R700. The LS50 is an amazing little speaker. Would love to hear side by side with the PM1. I would recommend the LS50 for small to medium size rooms.

Main Kef: Reference 205/2 & 202/2c, Surrounds: Kef XQ40, Velodyne Optimum 12, Integra DHC 80.3, Oppo BDP-103, Bryston 4Bsst2, Parasound Halo A31. Second B&W: 685 (3), CCM618, Def Tech Powerfield 1500, Onkyo TX-NR1008, DBP 2010, Samsung BD-C7900, Zone 2 Klipsch AW650. Sitting still CCM616, Kef...
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2014, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14

Thanks Jim. Do the ls50's high's ever come close to being too sharp?

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page