post #181 of 181 Old 01-11-2015, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post
Sandy
I just read the article of the Ones in Stereophile magazine and congratulations on another excellent review. I read where you tilted the speakers forward by putting the rubber feet on the front and the spikes on the rear. I realized my short room would lend itself to that idea and it made a very favorable change. Many thanks

Reggie
Hi Audiguy

I just mentioned this a little while ago on the main anticipation thread with a few responses from others if you care to check it out. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 181 Old 01-11-2015, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
Hi, I just found this thread….In terms of removing the cloth, you certainly can. The speakers are voiced with the cloth, but removing it won't dramatically change things. Honestly though, I can't quite understand why one would want to, as the styling with the cloth is very sleek. But of course, all this is very personal. Sandy
The drivers are of high quality and the tweeter is a sight to behold. I would prefer having the option such as Martin Logan Motion. Magnetic grill and sock the rest? Running with the socks off reveals the radiators which then makes things appear a bit busy. A minor nit pick considering how good the speaker sounds.

NAD M15 /NAD M25 / PSB STRATUS GOLD / PSB STRATUS 6C /DENON AVR 3300/CARVER TFM 45/35 - ANTHEM MCA3 / NAD T163
IMAGE DYNAMICS / INFINITY RS3 / POLK MONITOR 10/ALTEC 501 / INTEGRA 50.3/PARADIGM DSP 3400 / GOLDENEAR AON3 / HK AVI 200

An Observer of many philosophies, a slave to none.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Ces 2014 , Goldenear