I heard Paradigm had good customer service??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well you couldn't prove it by me. On second thought, I guess I really can't say that because I've heard absolutely nothing from them. I emailed them TEN days ago about a damaged Studio 20v5 that after opening I noticed it was damaged. I then checked the corresponding carton and saw the dent. It doesn't effect the performance at all but for the price paid it should be perfect. I know email is probably one of the worst ways to communicate with a company if you want a response but why should I pay for an out of country call for one of their just purchased products. I've always thought it was funny that a company that size wouldn't have a toll-free number. I'm sure it cuts the number of inquiries about problems or concerns about their products way down. Now here is a good example of excellent customer service. We have a large Koi pond and was having some issues and was hoping the manufacturer of the filter system we use could give us some advice. I emailed them first and after 48 hours received a response. After emailing back and forth a few days he wanted MY number to talk in person. I sent my number and explained that I would understand if he didn't want to pay to call me in the United States from England. Ten minutes after I sent him my number the phone rang. Now THAT'S customer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
in my experience smaller speaker companies like the ID brands tend to have great CS. sorry to hear of your problem.
post #3 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 12:33 PM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 762
Why not just pick up the phone and call them?
post #4 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 63
This is a problem with the shipper, not with Paradigm. You probably need to report it to the shipper, and see which direction they make you go. Take pictures of the dent and the damaged box.
post #5 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcrox View Post

This is a problem with the shipper, not with Paradigm. You probably need to report it to the shipper, and see which direction they make you go. Take pictures of the dent and the damaged box.
The shipper is the customer, not the addressee. The addressee has to report it to the shipper, the shipper has to file the claim. You can file for a hold on the payment with your credit card company, due to receiving damaged goods, and that will get their attention.
AlexanderDelarg likes this.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #6 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:18 PM

Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billahertz View Post

Well you couldn't prove it by me. On second thought, I guess I really can't say that because I've heard absolutely nothing from them. I emailed them TEN days ago about a damaged Studio 20v5 that after opening I noticed it was damaged. I then checked the corresponding carton and saw the dent. It doesn't effect the performance at all but for the price paid it should be perfect. I know email is probably one of the worst ways to communicate with a company if you want a response but why should I pay for an out of country call for one of their just purchased products. I've always thought it was funny that a company that size wouldn't have a toll-free number. I'm sure it cuts the number of inquiries about problems or concerns about their products way down. Now here is a good example of excellent customer service. We have a large Koi pond and was having some issues and was hoping the manufacturer of the filter system we use could give us some advice. I emailed them first and after 48 hours received a response. After emailing back and forth a few days he wanted MY number to talk in person. I sent my number and explained that I would understand if he didn't want to pay to call me in the United States from England. Ten minutes after I sent him my number the phone rang. Now THAT'S customer service.

You bought them directly from Paradigm?
post #7 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

To be fair, my wife gave them to me for a Christmas gift so they where bought and stored at home before then. I did mention that in my email to Paradigm. I couldn't put a hold on my card due to the fact they were paid for with cash. It's not an issue about carelessness which I'm sure some may be thinking. I've owned stereo components since 1980 and still have them all and in excellent condition.
post #8 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badouri View Post

You bought them directly from Paradigm?

No, I thought I would go right to the source.
post #9 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:

No, I thought I would go right to the source.

Where did you buy them?

Everything seems fine here?
Quote:

I was always told that the rear surrounds weren't that important and didn't need to be matched up with the mains and center. Well, I just bought the Studio 20's to complete my 5.1 Paradigm set. I have the Studio 100's, 590 center and the Studio 20's in the rear. I would have loved the 690 but it is just too big for the area I have. I have a Definitive Technology 15 inch sub for the low-end. I noticed the difference immediately after hooking up the 20s. There was a more fluid transition from the front to rear and perfectly tonally matched. They also made the overall surround affect sound more natural. The Paradigms replaced large Infinity bookshelf speakers. They were way more efficient but also tremendously bright. I will eventually replace the sub with a Paradigm but right now I need to look into new processors.The last couple years I've been concentrating on 2 Channel equipment.
post #10 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

I noticed while dusting the components one day.
post #11 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:

I noticed while dusting the components one day.

And where did you buy them?
post #12 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

From an authorized dealer
post #13 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

you should call the dealer you bought them from, they may just exchange them out.
post #14 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 1542
Quote:

No wonder you didn't hear back from Paradigm. Your issue is with who you bought them from, not who made them.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #15 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Got a question? We're here to help! This is a quote from their contact us page. I had a question, got no help. Good or bad, I got NO response. I thought I would at least gotten the courtesy of a response. After all I have spent over 5 grand on their products.
post #16 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:

Got a question? We're here to help! This is a quote from their contact us page. I had a question, got no help. Good or bad, I got NO response. I thought I would at least gotten the courtesy of a response.

Why do you refuse to say where you bought them?
post #17 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Why do I need to do that. Unless I thought they did me wrong theres no reason to. I really don't see a lot of people say where they bought stuff when looking over the forum.
post #18 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:

Why do I need to do that. Unless I thought they did me wrong theres no reason to. I really don't see a lot of people say where they bought stuff when looking over the forum.

What did dealer "x" say?
post #19 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

i think things are being made more difficult than they need to be here. did you in fact call the place of purchase?
post #20 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 170
All paradigm would tell you is to contact the seller!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
post #21 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 41
1. Why wouldn't you call the dealer?

2. If it bothers you this much and you wanted some kind of response from Paradigm, why wouldn't you pick up the phone and call them??

Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2
Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE
Powersound Audio XV15
Anthem MRX 510
Rega RP1
post #22 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 05:51 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:

To be fair, my wife gave them to me for a Christmas gift so they where bought and stored at home before then. I did mention that in my email to Paradigm. I couldn't put a hold on my card due to the fact they were paid for with cash. It's not an issue about carelessness which I'm sure some may be thinking. I've owned stereo components since 1980 and still have them all and in excellent condition.

1. Call the dealer like so many people have already stated.
2. Since you said they were stored, could they have gotten knocked over or something at your house?

Ignorance is a choice
post #23 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 05:54 PM

I'm willing to bet the OP did not buy them from an authorized dealer. Anyone this defensive about where they bought something tends to be hiding something.

So what we probably have here is a wife who bought these from a dealer that is not authorized and the OP is upset that Paradigm will not honor the warranty.

Then we have to factor in he has 9 posts. So what we have here is someone who made a bad decision and wants to blame the manufacture for their bad decision.
post #24 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NADz View Post

I'm willing to bet the OP did not buy them from an authorized dealer. Anyone this defensive about where they bought something tends to be hiding something.

So what we probably have here is a wife who bought these from a dealer that is not authorized and the OP is upset that Paradigm will not honor the warranty.

Then we have to factor in he has 9 posts. So what we have here is someone who made a bad decision and wants to blame the manufacture for their bad decision.

I'm sure the minute they received the carton and looked at the original fedex shipping label and the matching serial number on the carton and the speaker itself they would know right where it was purchased at. I'm still kinda wondering what bad decision I made. I don't think wanting a 5.1 speaker system consisting of speakers made from the same manufacturer and the same series is really a bad decision. As far as them not honoring the warranty, I think I would have to have had a response from them!
post #25 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I bought some Paradigm and they were defective out of the box. Called up the dealer and they arranged to have replacements. Then the next pair were the wrong color from Paradigm, and so the dealer took them back and ordered me a new pair no questions asked and gave me $100 back. That;s good service in my book.

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
post #26 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

I bought some Paradigm and they were defective out of the box. Called up the dealer and they arranged to have replacements. Then the next pair were the wrong color from Paradigm, and so the dealer took them back and ordered me a new pair no questions asked and gave me $100 back. That;s good service in my book.

Your right, that's awesome.
post #27 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm sure the minute they received the carton and looked at the original fedex shipping label and the matching serial number on the carton and the speaker itself they would know right where it was purchased at. I'm still kinda wondering what bad decision I made. I don't think wanting a 5.1 speaker system consisting of speakers made from the same manufacturer and the same series is really a bad decision. As far as them not honoring the warranty, I think I would have to have had a response from them!

just call the gosh darn dealer you got them from.... jeeeeesus..... it is the dealer not paradigm directly that would deal with this situation... that is why paradigm has a distribution network...
post #28 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

this is the proper way to do it.... most dealers are very easy to work with...
post #29 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

I just posted a comment on how I emailed a company's customer service and never received a reply. I'm really not sure why some (not all) people are getting so uptight.
post #30 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just posted a comment on how I emailed a company's customer service and never received a reply. I'm really not sure why some (not all) people are getting so uptight.

did you email the dealer or paradigm? and also just friggin call the dealer????

you are acting rather like a idiot with this issue.... not trying to be crude... but dont come in here and slam paradigm when clearly you havent gone thru the proper channels to resolve this issue, but rather come in here whining.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page