I heard Paradigm had good customer service??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Billahertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well you couldn't prove it by me. On second thought, I guess I really can't say that because I've heard absolutely nothing from them. I emailed them TEN days ago about a damaged Studio 20v5 that after opening I noticed it was damaged. I then checked the corresponding carton and saw the dent. It doesn't effect the performance at all but for the price paid it should be perfect. I know email is probably one of the worst ways to communicate with a company if you want a response but why should I pay for an out of country call for one of their just purchased products. I've always thought it was funny that a company that size wouldn't have a toll-free number. I'm sure it cuts the number of inquiries about problems or concerns about their products way down. Now here is a good example of excellent customer service. We have a large Koi pond and was having some issues and was hoping the manufacturer of the filter system we use could give us some advice. I emailed them first and after 48 hours received a response. After emailing back and forth a few days he wanted MY number to talk in person. I sent my number and explained that I would understand if he didn't want to pay to call me in the United States from England. Ten minutes after I sent him my number the phone rang. Now THAT'S customer service.
Billahertz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mark62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N.W. Pa.
Posts: 1,409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
in my experience smaller speaker companies like the ID brands tend to have great CS. sorry to hear of your problem.
mark62 is offline  
post #3 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 12:33 PM
FMW
AVS Special Member
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,074
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 762
Why not just pick up the phone and call them?
FMW is offline  
post #4 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jdcrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 2,010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 63
This is a problem with the shipper, not with Paradigm. You probably need to report it to the shipper, and see which direction they make you go. Take pictures of the dent and the damaged box.
jdcrox is offline  
post #5 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bill Fitzmaurice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcrox View Post

This is a problem with the shipper, not with Paradigm. You probably need to report it to the shipper, and see which direction they make you go. Take pictures of the dent and the damaged box.
The shipper is the customer, not the addressee. The addressee has to report it to the shipper, the shipper has to file the claim. You can file for a hold on the payment with your credit card company, due to receiving damaged goods, and that will get their attention.
AlexanderDelarg likes this.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Bill Fitzmaurice is online now  
post #6 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Badouri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billahertz View Post

Well you couldn't prove it by me. On second thought, I guess I really can't say that because I've heard absolutely nothing from them. I emailed them TEN days ago about a damaged Studio 20v5 that after opening I noticed it was damaged. I then checked the corresponding carton and saw the dent. It doesn't effect the performance at all but for the price paid it should be perfect. I know email is probably one of the worst ways to communicate with a company if you want a response but why should I pay for an out of country call for one of their just purchased products. I've always thought it was funny that a company that size wouldn't have a toll-free number. I'm sure it cuts the number of inquiries about problems or concerns about their products way down. Now here is a good example of excellent customer service. We have a large Koi pond and was having some issues and was hoping the manufacturer of the filter system we use could give us some advice. I emailed them first and after 48 hours received a response. After emailing back and forth a few days he wanted MY number to talk in person. I sent my number and explained that I would understand if he didn't want to pay to call me in the United States from England. Ten minutes after I sent him my number the phone rang. Now THAT'S customer service.

You bought them directly from Paradigm?
Badouri is offline  
post #7 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Billahertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To be fair, my wife gave them to me for a Christmas gift so they where bought and stored at home before then. I did mention that in my email to Paradigm. I couldn't put a hold on my card due to the fact they were paid for with cash. It's not an issue about carelessness which I'm sure some may be thinking. I've owned stereo components since 1980 and still have them all and in excellent condition.
Billahertz is offline  
post #8 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Billahertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badouri View Post

You bought them directly from Paradigm?

No, I thought I would go right to the source.
Billahertz is offline  
post #9 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Badouri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billahertz View Post

No, I thought I would go right to the source.

Where did you buy them?

Everything seems fine here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billahertz View Post

I was always told that the rear surrounds weren't that important and didn't need to be matched up with the mains and center. Well, I just bought the Studio 20's to complete my 5.1 Paradigm set. I have the Studio 100's, 590 center and the Studio 20's in the rear. I would have loved the 690 but it is just too big for the area I have. I have a Definitive Technology 15 inch sub for the low-end. I noticed the difference immediately after hooking up the 20s. There was a more fluid transition from the front to rear and perfectly tonally matched. They also made the overall surround affect sound more natural. The Paradigms replaced large Infinity bookshelf speakers. They were way more efficient but also tremendously bright. I will eventually replace the sub with a Paradigm but right now I need to look into new processors.The last couple years I've been concentrating on 2 Channel equipment.
Badouri is offline  
post #10 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Billahertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I noticed while dusting the components one day.
Billahertz is offline  
post #11 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Badouri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billahertz View Post

I noticed while dusting the components one day.

And where did you buy them?
Badouri is offline  
post #12 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Billahertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
From an authorized dealer
Billahertz is offline  
post #13 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mark62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N.W. Pa.
Posts: 1,409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billahertz View Post

From an authorized dealer

you should call the dealer you bought them from, they may just exchange them out.
mark62 is offline  
post #14 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bill Fitzmaurice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billahertz View Post

From an authorized dealer
No wonder you didn't hear back from Paradigm. Your issue is with who you bought them from, not who made them.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Bill Fitzmaurice is online now  
post #15 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Billahertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got a question? We're here to help! This is a quote from their contact us page. I had a question, got no help. Good or bad, I got NO response. I thought I would at least gotten the courtesy of a response. After all I have spent over 5 grand on their products.
Billahertz is offline  
post #16 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Badouri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billahertz View Post

Got a question? We're here to help! This is a quote from their contact us page. I had a question, got no help. Good or bad, I got NO response. I thought I would at least gotten the courtesy of a response.

Why do you refuse to say where you bought them?
Badouri is offline  
post #17 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Billahertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Why do I need to do that. Unless I thought they did me wrong theres no reason to. I really don't see a lot of people say where they bought stuff when looking over the forum.
Billahertz is offline  
post #18 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Badouri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billahertz View Post

Why do I need to do that. Unless I thought they did me wrong theres no reason to. I really don't see a lot of people say where they bought stuff when looking over the forum.

What did dealer "x" say?
Badouri is offline  
post #19 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mark62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N.W. Pa.
Posts: 1,409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
i think things are being made more difficult than they need to be here. did you in fact call the place of purchase?
mark62 is offline  
post #20 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 2,508
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 170
All paradigm would tell you is to contact the seller!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
Elihawk is offline  
post #21 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Senior Member
 
JasonT35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 298
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 41
1. Why wouldn't you call the dealer?

2. If it bothers you this much and you wanted some kind of response from Paradigm, why wouldn't you pick up the phone and call them??

Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2
Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE
Powersound Audio XV15
Anthem MRX 510
Rega RP1
JasonT35 is offline  
post #22 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Senior Member
 
adupree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billahertz View Post

To be fair, my wife gave them to me for a Christmas gift so they where bought and stored at home before then. I did mention that in my email to Paradigm. I couldn't put a hold on my card due to the fact they were paid for with cash. It's not an issue about carelessness which I'm sure some may be thinking. I've owned stereo components since 1980 and still have them all and in excellent condition.

1. Call the dealer like so many people have already stated.
2. Since you said they were stored, could they have gotten knocked over or something at your house?

Ignorance is a choice
adupree is offline  
post #23 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Senior Member
 
NADz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm willing to bet the OP did not buy them from an authorized dealer. Anyone this defensive about where they bought something tends to be hiding something.

So what we probably have here is a wife who bought these from a dealer that is not authorized and the OP is upset that Paradigm will not honor the warranty.

Then we have to factor in he has 9 posts. So what we have here is someone who made a bad decision and wants to blame the manufacture for their bad decision.
NADz is offline  
post #24 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Billahertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NADz View Post

I'm willing to bet the OP did not buy them from an authorized dealer. Anyone this defensive about where they bought something tends to be hiding something.

So what we probably have here is a wife who bought these from a dealer that is not authorized and the OP is upset that Paradigm will not honor the warranty.

Then we have to factor in he has 9 posts. So what we have here is someone who made a bad decision and wants to blame the manufacture for their bad decision.

I'm sure the minute they received the carton and looked at the original fedex shipping label and the matching serial number on the carton and the speaker itself they would know right where it was purchased at. I'm still kinda wondering what bad decision I made. I don't think wanting a 5.1 speaker system consisting of speakers made from the same manufacturer and the same series is really a bad decision. As far as them not honoring the warranty, I think I would have to have had a response from them!
Billahertz is offline  
post #25 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
warpdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,097
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I bought some Paradigm and they were defective out of the box. Called up the dealer and they arranged to have replacements. Then the next pair were the wrong color from Paradigm, and so the dealer took them back and ordered me a new pair no questions asked and gave me $100 back. That;s good service in my book.

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
warpdrive is offline  
post #26 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Billahertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

I bought some Paradigm and they were defective out of the box. Called up the dealer and they arranged to have replacements. Then the next pair were the wrong color from Paradigm, and so the dealer took them back and ordered me a new pair no questions asked and gave me $100 back. That;s good service in my book.

Your right, that's awesome.
Billahertz is offline  
post #27 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mark62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N.W. Pa.
Posts: 1,409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billahertz View Post

I'm sure the minute they received the carton and looked at the original fedex shipping label and the matching serial number on the carton and the speaker itself they would know right where it was purchased at. I'm still kinda wondering what bad decision I made. I don't think wanting a 5.1 speaker system consisting of speakers made from the same manufacturer and the same series is really a bad decision. As far as them not honoring the warranty, I think I would have to have had a response from them!


just call the gosh darn dealer you got them from.... jeeeeesus..... it is the dealer not paradigm directly that would deal with this situation... that is why paradigm has a distribution network...
mark62 is offline  
post #28 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mark62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N.W. Pa.
Posts: 1,409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

I bought some Paradigm and they were defective out of the box. Called up the dealer and they arranged to have replacements. Then the next pair were the wrong color from Paradigm, and so the dealer took them back and ordered me a new pair no questions asked and gave me $100 back. That;s good service in my book.


this is the proper way to do it.... most dealers are very easy to work with...
mark62 is offline  
post #29 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Billahertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just posted a comment on how I emailed a company's customer service and never received a reply. I'm really not sure why some (not all) people are getting so uptight.
Billahertz is offline  
post #30 of 42 Old 01-20-2014, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mark62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N.W. Pa.
Posts: 1,409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billahertz View Post

I just posted a comment on how I emailed a company's customer service and never received a reply. I'm really not sure why some (not all) people are getting so uptight.


did you email the dealer or paradigm? and also just friggin call the dealer????


you are acting rather like a idiot with this issue.... not trying to be crude... but dont come in here and slam paradigm when clearly you havent gone thru the proper channels to resolve this issue, but rather come in here whining.
mark62 is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off