What do I do with these extra speakers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-21-2014, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I originally purchased a set of speakers for a 5.1 config and went to 7.2 with another set of surrounds and added a second sub to the plan.  Then upgraded the Klipsch RF-82 II that have still not been used with the RF-7 II.  Center channel upgraded from a RC-62 II to a RC-64 II; never powered on.  Denon x4000 upgraded to a AVR-4520ci, also still brand new.

While waiting for the subs, my little mind has been thinking about selling the extra speakers.  For the last few days, though, I have been wondering if I should keep them, sans the smaller center, and use them.  

If anyone has a similar setup, I would be interested to see what you did in your situation.  I originally was going for 7.2, so I have 4 sets of surrounds.

I have the following speakers available for potential use:

2x Klipsch RF-7 II (front mains)

2x Klipsch RF-82 II (possible surrounds/side?)

1x RC-64 II

4x RS-62 II (surrounds/possible front high?)

2x Rythmik FV15HP (when they hopefully are in stock soon)

I will be running them with the Denon AVR-4520ci.

Space/placement is an issue, but I think I will be moving furniture anyway with the 7.2 setup.

Has anyone used the RF-82 II speakers for surrounds or something similar?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-21-2014, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I usually keep 2 setups in the house. 1 for the theater, and 1 for the office OR a 2 channel listening room. After upgrading I usually throw the speakers up on craigslist/ebay and use that money for any future upgrades. No sense in keeping lower end speakers, because your ears will be attuned to the better sounding ones.

Looks to me like you want to expand your sound stage by adding front highs and surrounds/sides. Keep the components/speaker lines in mind when combining them, because you may create weak links in your sound stage that may sound out of place. 5 speakers that blend together perfectly would be preferred over a 9.1 system that doesn't sound quite right but fills the room with more special effects. I don't know much about Klipsch speakers, but try not to combine something like a 'superior speaker line' with an average one because its likely they are going to sound different.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-12-2014, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin72 View Post

I originally purchased a set of speakers for a 5.1 config and went to 7.2 with another set of surrounds and added a second sub to the plan.  Then upgraded the Klipsch RF-82 II that have still not been used with the RF-7 II.  Center channel upgraded from a RC-62 II to a RC-64 II; never powered on.  Denon x4000 upgraded to a AVR-4520ci, also still brand new.

While waiting for the subs, my little mind has been thinking about selling the extra speakers.  For the last few days, though, I have been wondering if I should keep them, sans the smaller center, and use them.  

If anyone has a similar setup, I would be interested to see what you did in your situation.  I originally was going for 7.2, so I have 4 sets of surrounds.

I have the following speakers available for potential use:

2x Klipsch RF-7 II (front mains)

2x Klipsch RF-82 II (possible surrounds/side?)

1x RC-64 II

4x RS-62 II (surrounds/possible front high?)

2x Rythmik FV15HP (when they hopefully are in stock soon)

I will be running them with the Denon AVR-4520ci.

Space/placement is an issue, but I think I will be moving furniture anyway with the 7.2 setup.

Has anyone used the RF-82 II speakers for surrounds or something similar?

Thanks!

Yes please try RF-82II for surrounds they are doing excellent job. I just did tonight something. i do have RF-82II in front and I add my older towers F-3(F-30) for surrounds and they are amazing!!!! People can tell you here yes or no but please try it you will like it!!!!!!!

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #4 of 4 Old 02-13-2014, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I am just now getting to work with the receiver, speakers, and subs.  I am getting my Harmony Ultimate programmed and am working to get the subs dialed in.  I will let you know on the surrounds.  :D  Everything is sounding awesome!

Kelly

Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Fv15hp Subwoofer
Gear in this thread - 4520ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page