Here's my situation:
- Building a house from the ground up
- Have a medium-small living room 20 x 18 that is being wired for in-wall 5.1 sound
- Already have a receiver (Pioneer VSX-820) and a powered subwoofer (BIC America F12)
- Need 5 in-wall speakers (L, C, R, rears) -- LCR speakers will be above the mantle of a fireplace (that will not be used, or very infrequently used)
- I am not an audiophile, but I do appreciate good sound -- have previously owned floor standing Paradigm 7s and B&W DM603s
- At the same time, I'm a tightwad and don't want to spend more than $1K total on 5 speakers
- Also don't want to spend an infinite amount of time researching
In the last 12 hours, have narrowed it down between
- Buying 5 Speakercraft LCR3 threes; or
- Buying 4 Definitive Tech UIW55s and one Definitive Tech UIW75 for center channel
I am have also thoroughly confused myself over infinite baffles. If I am using a floor-standing powered sub, do I care whether or not I have an infinite baffle or not?
Thoughts? Any other recommendations for a speaker set-up?
Thanks in advance!