AVS Forum banner
497 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  PeteNYC 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to decide on a 7.1 Home Theater set-up for my living room. It is an open space from my living room, to the dining room, to the kitchen in an L shape. The LR is on the top side of the L with the HDTV and front 3 speakers at the wall at the far top side of the L. The surrounds would be installed towards the middle of the L.

Which set up would be best…

PLAN A…

Klipsch RB-51iis………..(L & R)

Klipsch RC-52ii ………..(center)

Klipsch RS-41iis………..(4 surrounds)

Klipsch SW-310………..(sub)

Onkyo TX-NR626……..(receiver)

PLAN B…

Mirage OMD-5s………..(L & R)

Mirage OMD-C1……..…(center)

Mirage OS3-SAT……….(4 surrounds)

Infinity Primus PS38……(sub)

Onkyo TX-NR626………(receiver)

***All installed on wall mounts up about 6-7 feet off the floor***

I already have the 4 OS3 SATs and the OMD-C1 and can get the OMD-5s online from a seller for $300. The thing is, I got an INCREDIBLE quote from an online authorized dealer for the Klipsch products, so lets figure that money is not a deciding factor in this case since it is a wash in my situation as I can sell the Mirage speakers easily to purchase the Klipsch speakers.

I already have a Mirage 7.1 setup in my bedroom, and love it, but always loved the sound of the Klipsch horns. I am just a huge fan of them and want to try a different brand in my living room so I can have the best of both worlds in the Lirage 360 sound and the brighter Klipsch sound.

Please respond with your thoughts and especially for those who have heard BOTH of these setups or similar to that.

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!!

Pete L.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.