Mirage or Klipsch 7.1 Home Theater system? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-29-2014, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello,

I am trying to decide on a 7.1 Home Theater set-up for my living room. It is an open space from my living room, to the dining room, to the kitchen in an L shape. The LR is on the top side of the L with the HDTV and front 3 speakers at the wall at the far top side of the L. The surrounds would be installed towards the middle of the L.

Which set up would be best…

PLAN A…
Klipsch RB-51iis………..(L & R)
Klipsch RC-52ii ………..(center)
Klipsch RS-41iis………..(4 surrounds)
Klipsch SW-310………..(sub)
Onkyo TX-NR626……..(receiver)

PLAN B…
Mirage OMD-5s………..(L & R)
Mirage OMD-C1……..…(center)
Mirage OS3-SAT……….(4 surrounds)
Infinity Primus PS38……(sub)
Onkyo TX-NR626………(receiver)

***All installed on wall mounts up about 6-7 feet off the floor***

I already have the 4 OS3 SATs and the OMD-C1 and can get the OMD-5s online from a seller for $300. The thing is, I got an INCREDIBLE quote from an online authorized dealer for the Klipsch products, so lets figure that money is not a deciding factor in this case since it is a wash in my situation as I can sell the Mirage speakers easily to purchase the Klipsch speakers.

I already have a Mirage 7.1 setup in my bedroom, and love it, but always loved the sound of the Klipsch horns. I am just a huge fan of them and want to try a different brand in my living room so I can have the best of both worlds in the Lirage 360 sound and the brighter Klipsch sound.

Please respond with your thoughts and especially for those who have heard BOTH of these setups or similar to that.

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!!

Pete L.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Klipsch Rb 51 Ii Reference Series Ii Bookshelf Loudspeakers Black , Klipsch Rc 52 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each , Klipsch Rs 41 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each
Gear in this thread - Nr626 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page