HT Newbie - Looking for recommendation on a 7.2 set up (Projector, Speakers, Receiver) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-30-2014, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I am currently finishing my home theater in my basement. Looking for recommendations for speakers, projector, screen and receiver.  Theater room is 29' X 11'. First row will be 13', second row 20' (7' riser), 3rd row will be high-top bar.

I have wired for 7.2 system (home theater company has pre-wired, but not too helpful on system recommendations)

Projector - I have been looking at Epson 5030, but I am wondering if anyting else compares

Speakers - Would like in-wall but willing to look at alternative to reduce costs

Receiver - Not leaning either way but would perfer something name brand (Denon, Yamaha, etc.)

Screen - Fixed Frame is prefered

Total budget is around $15K. Looking for something to give it that "WOW" factor without killing the budget. Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-30-2014, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgusumano View Post

I am currently finishing my home theater in my basement. Looking for recommendations for speakers, projector, screen and receiver.  Theater room is 29' X 11'. First row will be 13', second row 20' (7' riser), 3rd row will be high-top bar.

I have wired for 7.2 system (home theater company has pre-wired, but not too helpful on system recommendations)

Projector - I have been looking at Epson 5030, but I am wondering if anyting else compares

Speakers - Would like in-wall but willing to look at alternative to reduce costs

Receiver - Not leaning either way but would perfer something name brand (Denon, Yamaha, etc.)

Screen - Fixed Frame is prefered

Total budget is around $15K. Looking for something to give it that "WOW" factor without killing the budget. Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Take a look at the Denon X4000.
We use James Loudspeaker inwalls and they will give you that "WoW" factor. Take a look at the QX series they are worth the extra money...

My neighbors use Paradigm inwalls they sound good too.
Don't have projector or screen but will check with neighbor his is very nice.

http://www.jamesloudspeaker.com/products/Speakers/in-wall

VSX-53, VSX-51,VSX-81 Pioneer Elites and Denon 1611
James loudspeaker inwalls main and future theater
Control4
Other speaker zones DefTech, Polk, Russound, Boston Acoustics
post #3 of 4 Old 01-30-2014, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Denon X4000 or 4520 are two to look at.

Check out JTR 228 for front 3 and Slant 8 for surrounds. There's a JBL surround that is recommended pretty regularly with the JTR's and much cheaper but I can't remember the model.

For subs JTR, PSA, SVS, HSU, Rythmik.

Those are good places to start for audio.

Denon 2113, Klipsch RF-52, RC-35, RB-61, SVS PB-1000
Chicago
post #4 of 4 Old 01-30-2014, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 571
+1 on the Denon x4000.

For fronts I would consider some Pi Threes or Pi Fours with upgraded drivers. They have a very high dynamic range, excellent frequency response both on and off axis, and they are very sensitive and have a good impedance curve so are an easy load for any AVR to drive, and you don't need a separate amp for them at all. For the surrounds, I would look at some JBL 8340s, like the Pi's, very sensitive and good impedance so any AVR could drive them to big output levels easy. They are also THX certified so they will have very linear and neutral performance and a big dynamic range. For the subwoofers I would be looking at Seaton, JTR, or Funk. I would get at least two subs. One I really like are the Funk 18.0se, that is using one of the best subwoofer drivers in existence.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page