My current speaker set up (mixed brands) help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-04-2014, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi,

During a black friday a few years back I got some great deals; however, I didn't think too much into sticking with one brand. Anyways, I bought:

Fronts - Klipsch Icon VF35s

Center - Polk Audio CS20

Surrounds - Polk Audio Monitor 40 series II

So I read I should have all of the same brand. How true is this and if I should, which components should I take out?

Thanks! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-04-2014, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJDMan View Post

Hi,

During a black friday a few years back I got some great deals; however, I didn't think too much into sticking with one brand. Anyways, I bought:
Fronts - Klipsch Icon VF35s
Center - Polk Audio CS20
Surrounds - Polk Audio Monitor 40 series II

So I read I should have all of the same brand. How true is this and if I should, which components should I take out?

Thanks! 

Ideally you want the front three speakers to be timbre matched, since most of the audio is in the front soundstage. When the sounds pan across the speakers, they will be seamless and blend well together. So if you like your Polk speakers, replace your Klipsch Icon's with a matching pair for your CS20 center channel. Vice versa, if you like the sound of the Klipsch's get the matching center channel. You can keep your Polk's for surround use if you get the Klipsch's.
SanchoPanza likes this.

Cliff
post #3 of 6 Old 02-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpoet25 View Post

Ideally you want the front three speakers to be timbre matched, since most of the audio is in the front soundstage. When the sounds pan across the speakers, they will be seamless and blend well together. So if you like your Polk speakers, replace your Klipsch Icon's with a matching pair for your CS20 center channel. Vice versa, if you like the sound of the Klipsch's get the matching center channel. You can keep your Polk's for surround use if you get the Klipsch's.

This is the perfect response. The priority is getting a smooth transition between the L, C, & R speakers (and sub), and the surrounds are secondary.
SanchoPanza likes this.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-04-2014, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by roland6465 View Post

This is the perfect response. The priority is getting a smooth transition between the L, C, & R speakers (and sub), and the surrounds are secondary.

+1
SanchoPanza likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-05-2014, 02:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 446
+2

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
post #6 of 6 Old 02-05-2014, 09:36 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 694
No need really to replace or buy. Just move the Polk speakers to the main position and the Klipsch to the surround position.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Cs20 Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Am4095 A Monitor40 Series Ii Two Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker Pair , Klipsch Icon Vf 35 Floorstanding Speaker
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page