Need advice on in wall speakers. Best for music lisiting. Multi room function. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-10-2014, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello all. Long time viewer first time poster. I recently have begun to start my media room.  I have looked and looked on the sticky thread,but I figured maybe someone could give me a bit of advice. A little about my current set up.

Energy cf-70

Energy cc-10

Energy cb-10

Receiver: Harmon Kardon avr 3700-7.2- not purchased but leaning towards that one. Unless I can talk her into a 9.2

Sub woofer: ? Still in process of going with a multiple sub or one bigger sub. Will be Energy though.

I told my wife it is time to covert a room we have to a media area. She obliged,but the stipulation she has is she wants to listen to music throughout the house if I am in the media room. I said okay, and I will look into it. So,here I am stuck on what in wall speakers are best for music listing?  I would like to keep the speakers all the same brand,but not a 100% if I can find a brand that is better for music listening. If anyone could point me to a brand,or brands that would work for a multiple room situation,I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks to all that reply.

I should add, if I do get the avr 3700, I will be able to do 3 speakers throughout the house. I would have a 5.1 system in media room,then I can do 3 speakers throughout the house. So, I am just looking for 3 speakers as of now,which I know is odd,but just trying to give the most information I can. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-10-2014, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 518
If you don't want to spend a whole lot, I think these Infinitys might not be bad for in-walls. For a little bit more these Hsu in-walls might be decent for in-walls. Hsu has some of the best affordable subs too, call them up for a discounted speaker/sub package. If your money isn't too tight, I would be looking at Atlantic Technology in-walls or Triad for higher end in-walls. Klipsch THX in-walls could be pretty good too, they start at $500 each, but you could probably get a good deal if you bargained with a dealer.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-10-2014, 07:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 459
I for sure, would look into the Boston VSi series in-wall speakers
Boston is known for good sound - real good close-out prices
http://www.accessories4less.com/index.php?page=search&search_query=bosvsi&x=0&y=0

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
post #4 of 9 Old 02-10-2014, 07:12 PM

Liked: 18
First, for what you'll spend on the Energy sub, you can get better. Second, what are you wanting to spend on speakers? Also how do you plan on running the speakers off the AVR-3700? It isn't a dual zone capable receiver. Last, keep in mind that if you only put one speaker in a room, you will lose parts of music because you will only get either the L or R signal.

Ignorance is a choice
post #5 of 9 Old 02-10-2014, 07:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yes, go with a Pair of speakers per room.

post #6 of 9 Old 02-10-2014, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adupree View Post

First, for what you'll spend on the Energy sub, you can get better. Second, what are you wanting to spend on speakers? Also how do you plan on running the speakers off the AVR-3700? It isn't a dual zone capable receiver. Last, keep in mind that if you only put one speaker in a room, you will lose parts of music because you will only get either the L or R signal.

The avr 3700 is a dual zone receiver from the research I have done. I was just planning on running individual speakers in separate areas of the house. Kitchen,living room,and maybe bedroom.

Cost does not matter to much to me,as long as what I buy is worth it. I am the type I do not mind spending a bit extra to get a better product.

Could you suggest any subs that would be better? I was just leaning towards Energy for matching the set. I looked,and saw that non matching subs with other speakers could cause some noise or interference.

Thanks for the heads up on the L and R functions. I guess that leads me to ask,is there any dual speaker set ups if you are not running a L and a R in the same room? Thanks for the help so far.

post #7 of 9 Old 02-10-2014, 07:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamb83 View Post

The avr 3700 is a dual zone receiver from the research I have done. I was just planning on running individual speakers in separate areas of the house. Kitchen,living room,and maybe bedroom.

I guess that leads me to ask,is there any dual speaker set ups if you are not running a L and a R in the same room? Thanks for the help so far.

That can lead to poor stereo separation, and imaging. If you are willing to spend -
then why not spend for good sound (L/R) and enjoy it.

There are some amps out there for house/sound distribution

post #8 of 9 Old 02-10-2014, 08:03 PM

Liked: 18
It will do one additional zone. As for non-matching subs and speakers causing noise, thats not true. For the speakers, the B&W in wall/ceiling are some of the best I've heard. They will make you want to replace your Energys wink.gif

Ignorance is a choice
post #9 of 9 Old 02-10-2014, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post

That can lead to poor stereo separation, and imaging. If you are willing to spend -
then why not spend for good sound (L/R) and enjoy it.

There are some amps out there for house/sound distribution

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. I guess I will just buy a new receiver for the media room,and use my receiver I have now to put speaker into the house.

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy Cf 70 Floor Standing Speaker Black , Energy Cc 10 Center Channel Speaker Black , Energy Cb 10 Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Harman Kardon Avr 3700 7 2 Channel Av Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page