Klipsch & Rythmik: setup/size/hz? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-15-2014, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi - okay the rig is online and bada$$.

To assure it's being maximized I'm calling all audio geeks for help!

To what size should I set the RF-7 ii? Small or Large?
To what size should I set the RC-64? Small or Large?

If small for either one what hertz rate?
Hz for RF-7 ii fronts?
Hz for RC-64 ii?
Hz for Rythmik F15HP?

Thx

TV: Aquos Sharp 65"
PrePro: Marantz AV7701
Amp: Marantz MM7055
BDP: Marantz UD7007
Fronts: Klipsch RF-7 ii
Center: Klipsch RC-64 ii
Cables: Zu Mission, Kimber PBJ
Sub: Rythmik F15HP
Streamer: Apple TV / iPad
SAT: DirecTV Geni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-15-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 258

For the receiver settings:

You should set every speaker to "small" that is not as capable with deep bass as the subwoofer.  In most cases, this means all channels should be set to "small."  The crossover for each channel should be above the -3 dB point of the bass of the speakers hooked up.  Thus, with a speaker rated 60-20kHz +/-3 dB, the crossover should be set above 60 Hz.  In such a case, 80 Hz would probably be a good choice.

With a receiver or processor that cannot set the crossover differently for the different channels, it should be set above the -3 dB of all of the speakers that are hooked up.

For the settings on the subwoofer itself:

If the receiver has a crossover (and all modern surround receivers do), you should bypass the crossover on the subwoofer if possible.  If not possible, then set it to its highest crossover setting.  The reason for this is because you are using the crossover in the receiver, and do not want the crossover in the subwoofer to interfere with the crossover slope.

God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids. God bless you all.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-15-2014, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 334
I posted this in your other thread before I saw this one. This thread is probably the best place to continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffreygg View Post

Hi - okay the rig is online and bada$$.

To assure it's being maximized I'm calling all audio geeks for help!

To what size should I set the RF-7 ii? Small or Large?
To what size should I set the RC-64? Small or Large?

If small for either one what hertz rate?
Hz for RF-7 ii fronts?
Hz for RC-64 ii?
Hz for Rythik F15HP?

Thx

I'm not a geek, but I hope I can help. smile.gif

If you have a sub, set your speakers to Small. Simple as that. All this is doing is telling your processor that you want to engage bass management and send bass from the "satellite" channels to the sub. If the UMC does not recommend crossover frequencies after it's setup routine is run (I'm not familiar with it), 80Hz is a good starting point. Work up or down from there until you get a good "lock" on the room.

If the processor is handling the bass management, you do not need to set a crossover frequency on the Rythmik. I believe that if you connect to the Rythmik via the LFE Input, the crossover adjustment is disabled. Due to the amount of adjustments available on Rythmik subs, I suggest you carefully study the Rythmik setup sheet for your sub and the wealth of setup information on the Rythmik website, including advice on phase alignment.

As well as pulling the RF's apart as has been suggested, I would also pull them forward such that the baffles are well clear of the front face of the entertainment unit. Most importantly, perhaps the biggest placement error you have there is the centre channel pushed way back on the unit. This may look OK, but the acoustically reflective surface directly in front of the speaker will be causing undue coloration of the sound you'll hear at the listening position, particularly in the mid to upper bass region. Pull the your centre channel as far forward as it will go, even to the point where it's overhanging the front of the unit if possible. I can almost guarantee you'll hear/feel an improvement in the mid to upper bass (150Hz - 250Hz), with better "warmth" and more tactile mid bass "punch".

Good luck and let us know how it goes. smile.gif
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Fv15hp Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page